PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me input on these Elka shocks?

rinaldi
04-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Here is the link;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270353630241&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Not sure if these are much better than the OEM 450R shocks, but looking into upgrading some time in the future. And if I can catch these with the cashback offer that Microsoft runs on Ebay I might be able to get them for around $375/shipped.

04-04-2009, 08:44 AM
They will deffinately be better than stock 450r shocks but if you had 450r shocks and rebuilt them you would blow them away.

rinaldi
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Who would rebuild the 450's and what is the avg cost?

04-04-2009, 11:10 AM
There are several companies to rebuild: C&D Racing, Hygear, GTThunder, RaceTech, SF Racing, JH Racing, Derisi... Average cost I would say is $350-450 for rebuilds. Some have an option for high flow pistons which cost more but would make them perform like a high end shock. The good thing is that you would have a resevoir and adjustability. Riding conditions always change and the shock builder tries to set them up based on the knowledge you give them. This doesnt mean a shock comes out perfect fine tuning is still to be made. The problem with some shock companies is that they build them for a general range. Revalving and such can get them setup just for you. Talk to all the different companies and see who you like best and you feel they can setup your shocks best. For me I might go with Hygears bladder extenders and have them sent off to GTT for them to be rebuilt.