PDA

View Full Version : Who does TCS shock rebuilds?

ATVer14
12-30-2002, 10:17 AM
I've got to get my TCS Zero Preload shocks revalved for a different weight and a different swingarm length, and I was just wondering who does TCS rebuilds? Who's the cheapest or is everywhere pretty much the same, and does one company do better work than another? Thanks

One more question, when I took my rear shock off, it's a stock one with the TCS rebuild, I noticed that the body looks to be a composite shock body. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks
Kenny

trx400ex
12-30-2002, 10:22 AM
Yeah they do something to the shock to maek it stronger, WWW.KANDKATV.COM do rebuilds i do beleive, or maybe mark baldwinn would do it but i dont know

12-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Contact the quadshop,,they can do it for ya,,I'm sure much faster than the other companies listed and probably cheaper too..:eek:

ATVer14
12-30-2002, 10:47 AM
Yea, but the Quadshop doesn't sell TCS, so they wouldn't have the parts needed to service them probably, making the wait longer.

12-30-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ATVer14
Yea, but the Quadshop doesn't sell TCS, so they wouldn't have the parts needed to service them probably, making the wait longer.

I'd call and find out at least..TCS is a name..valving, oil, etc should all be standard...most TCS shocks are beefed up works and the quadshop rebuilt my works..so I don't see why.

I could be wrong but it's worth the call,,might save some serious cash and time..

Sparks425Ex
12-30-2002, 03:33 PM
K and K Atv and Ct Racing both do it.

I recommend K and K. No one else will cause most ppl have bad relations with them but they have always treated me great. Just give them a call.

AndrewRRR
12-30-2002, 04:58 PM
I think CT racing is the official TCS distributor or something (although a lot of shops sell them). www.ctracing.com
Email Alan Knowles at CT and he'll get you set up. I don't think TCS has their own website.

Mity Mo
12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
When I had mine done I just called TCS themselves. They had mine rebuilt and back to me with 10 days. Their number is in the back of most ATV mags. Jason is the guy who answers the phones and takes orders. He knows his stuff. And I thought it was very reasonable pricewise. And then they have all the parts. I believe on the bike you have it is all new bodies unlike the works as Rico said. The ones I have are still Works bodies. But I think those you have either have Elka or Axis bodies. Sorry Rico, but you were partially right, the only reason I know is I was with the original owner when he got them. Mo:p ;)