PDA

View Full Version : Fell Off The Top Of The Truck!!!!

Sanddraging28
04-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Just thought i would share my misfortune with everybody.

While loading 4" hose back on the engine after a barn fire yesterday, i decided that it wold be fun to fall 9 feet to the pavement.:eek2:

My new body modifications:

1 broken left ankle

4 inch laceration to back of my head

1 hurt pride

and a whole crew at the firehouse that think i am an idiot

not to mention a night in the hospital

there goes my racing season.....will find out monday if i go under the knife

DirtMonkey
04-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Damn that sucks bro!!But on the bright side you have the time to do any major mods that you have wanted to, as long as you have one of those roll around chairs! And dont worry I am going to this really nice track tomorrow and Ill ride some for you::devil:

ZJTurbo
04-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Man sorry to hear. There never gonna let that down:)

BamBam730
04-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Hope you get well soon, take it easy on the beers :D

justin1022
04-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DirtMonkey
Damn that sucks bro!!But on the bright side you have the time to do any major mods that you have wanted to, as long as you have one of those roll around chairs! And dont worry I am going to this really nice track tomorrow and Ill ride some for you::devil:

02 416ex,12.5 JE Piston,Hot Cams Stage 2 Cam,Ported and polished,
Larger Valves,HMF full Exhaust,Stage 2 CDI & Coil,Eldelbrock Carb,lonestar +4swingarm,+4 axle,Houser +4 A-Arms
Elka Pro series Shocks,Hinson clutch basket and plate,Pro Amour Race Peg Nerf Bars,Lonestar Bar Clamp,Oneil Pro Taper Bars,DG alloy Bumper,14/41 sprockets in the dirt,16/36 sprockets at the drag strip, 14.456 @ 96.67 mph

04 426ex,13 to 1 compression,ported and polished,over-sized valves,HMF full system,450r carb,mega-cycles cam,CRF 450r cam chain,+4 swingarm,Houser A-arms +3,Elka Elite Shocks,LSR axle and hubs,Hinson basket, plate, clutch cover,xr-400 right side cover,Dyna fs CDI
NEW!!!
04 500ex,12 to 1 piston,mega-cycles cam,boondocker nitrous kit,ported and polished,over-sized valves,HMF Full Exhaust,dyna fs cdi,450r carb,crf 450 timing chain,Pingel Electronic shifter,hinson clutch basket,hinson kevlar clutch,+10 swingarm,twin row carrier,450r shocks
holeshot HD's,ITP black Baja's

does it look like he needs any more mods? lol ha jk

bigd's ex
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I've fell off the wagon a few times, but never a fire truck !!!!!!!!!!LOL :devil:

" GET WELL SOON BRO "

04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
that sucks man, it could have been worse. :eek:

AbnMP13
04-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Dude, that sux.

Looks like its time for a rebuild while you heal.....

ngates788
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
sorry to hear .. hope its a quick recovery!!

shallow518
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM
what up with everyone getting hurt right before the race season, im out for broken left ankle, both bones. i even got some hardware in it now, got about 4 weeks of cast, then 2 weeks of a walking cast, then lots of weeks of rehab. sucks cause just got motor rebuilt this winter for the season this year. well best of luck to ya, hope youll be back ridin soon.

SPDSNYPR
04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Youch. :eek2: Gravity's a *****, huh? :D

Next time try to fall into a pool of jello. Should hurt less. Heal quickly. :macho

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
that sucks man, you guys are just falling apart. sorry to hear you guys are getting hurt. steve

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
how are the injuries coming? Get better soon. steve

Sanddraging28
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
i have figured out that as long as i don't:
sit
stand
lie down
move
sleep
eat
laugh
complain
it doesn't hurt!!!! :p :p
As far as my head is concerned. the doctors said that i have a brain and it works. (most of the time)
what a relief!!!!!!

i am hoping that i wont need any hardware in my ankle. the doc gave me a 50/50 chance. have to wait till the swelling goes down a little. if i dont need surgery i will be back at it in about 6 weeks. just in time for atv spring nationals!!!!!!!(the doctor said 8 to 10) shhhhhhhhh!!!

but i do have a feeling that i will be broke by the time i am better....already spent a bunch on ebay today!!

what was really funny was watching my girlfriend carrying my big rolling office chair down the stairs and into the garage so i could roll around making motor sounds while i talked her thru the steps of changing her own oil...... wish the camera wasn't in the house.:D :D :D

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p that would make you enough money to be able to afford the parts you just bought. EBAY is awesome all hail EBAY!! what did you buy? steve

Sanddraging28
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
the eBay list from today:

Clear corners and euro tails for my tahoe

90watt 6 bulb hide-a-way strobe kit for tahoe

HID headlight conversion for tahoe

Crimson trace laser sight for my glock

big box of misc. of 400ex small parts.

not a bad way to spend way to much money!!!!!!!!

this might get out control:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
NICE!!! let me know how you like the crimson trace on your glock. I want to get one for my 92fs beretta. Handguns are fun arent they. What year tahoe do you have? steve

Sanddraging28
04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
i have a crimson laser on my kimber ultra carry 2 and i love it.
thought i would give them a try on the G23.
i am really lucky that there is not a ebay style site for buying handguns!!!!!
its a 2007 tahoe.....great truck but i liked my 2003 tahoe better...it was paid for:D

bigredisb
04-05-2009, 01:07 AM
I have gone through the exact same Ebay connection as you being injured. Like I told my wife, I am lucky it was a hand/arm for me because at least it slows me down bidding since I am typing with one hand. Good luck with the ankle and ebay!

ginobili07
04-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Man, that does suck, i am also a firefighter, but am still in training and broke my foot in december and needed three pins in my foot and had to miss fire academy but i did finish my EMT so i can at least run medicals now. Good luck with the ankle!

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
just a little update...
after way to many meetings with 4 different orthopedic surgeons, i am not going to need surgery. Ankle still hurts like a SOB, but i am able to get around with crutches now.
i have also gotten my ebay spending under control, well not really me but my girlfriend. she changed the paypal password and took the credit cards out of my wallet!!!!!!!!
so now i have to ask permission to spend money :( :(
at least she hasn't figured out that i have a a open charge account at the local dealership...the down side is that its her parents dealership so i have to be careful not to send up any reds flags!!!!!
so now i am limited to playing internet poker, and looking at questionable material on the net
:eek2: :eek2:

have fun riding and stay safe

crxjarred
04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
(and looking at questionable material on the net) haha thats funny
well i kno how u feel man i broke my feamur in 2 spots like 3 years ago skateboarding and now im almost 17 and i have to have sergry agan to fix what the dumb *** doc did the first time and will mostlikey be in the hospital on my b day lol sucks but o well want it to get done asap so i can fit in some hare scrambles will be off my leg for a month so i kno how it feels but u can do it i hated the crutches and was everywhere i could go GL