PDA

View Full Version : Womans WORCS rider could use some prayers!

QuadJunkies
04-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Ive also posted this in the WORCS section, but this young lady could use all the prayers she can get!

Women A rider- Ashley App #46

This is a time where Public Relations are not fun and I absolutely hate to write these kind of releases....

WORCS Racer, Women A rider- Ashley App was involved in horrific ATV practice crash yesterday at a local private track near Bakersfield, Ca. Ashley apparently went over the bars where the ATV landed on her crushing her helmet, major head trama, major facial bone fractures. Ashley had been competing in this years WORCS series where she scored a 2nd in Phoenix in the Women's B class and moving up to Women's A at Adelanto where she finished 4th.

Ashely was medi-vac'd out to Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, Ca where she is currently in a medically induced coma where she is suffering from swelling to the brain. The early Dr.s reports are Ashley is in bad shape and we are just going to have to wait and she where her progress is tommorow. Ashey will await some surgeries once stabilized.

I ask all of our WORCS racers and supporters to keep Ashely and her family in your prayers at this time.

Cards can be sent to:

Ashley App: 401 Taylor St, Taft; Ca: 93268

Jason Reed- WORCS Racing's Public Relations

Blizzard24
04-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Our prayers are with her.

spanky101
04-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Very very sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family!!

cdalejef
04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Has anyone had any updates on Ashley, I can't find anything. :(

QuadJunkies
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
Has anyone had any updates on Ashley, I can't find anything. :(

Im going ot get in touch with Jason in PR relations and see if he cant get us more info.

I hope she fully recovers, shes such a beautiful young lady. Ive thoguht alot about her and hows shes doing . :(

QuadJunkies
04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Heres a photo of her .

cdalejef
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Can't say that I disagree with you there, she is a stunning young lady!!!

Thanks QJ

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:11 PM
There as some info posted here yesterday...that they removed something (medical device) from her brain and that she was responding, but no real detail.

Prayers to her and her family from all of us here!

QuadJunkies
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Just spoke with Jason...
new update on worcs website

HELLO, THIS IS ASHLEY'S MOM AND DADDY FRED....WE THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS. THIS IS DAY 6. ASHLEY IS OFF ALL SEDATION, BUT STILL IN A COMA. SHE IS ON THE RESPERATOR, BUT IS TAKING EXTRA BREATHS ON HER OWN. SHE HAS DEVELOPED AN INFECTION IN HER BLOOD AND LUNG, BUT THEY ARE TREATING IT HARSHLEY WITH THREE KINDS OF ANTIBIOTICS. SHE IS MOVING AROUND BOTH LEGS VERY WELL AND ONE ARM WELL AND THE OTHER SOME....SHE IS A FIGHTER, AND WE ARE PRAYING FOR HER TO BE RESTORED BACK TO US AS SHE ONCE WAS. AGAIN THANK YOU. LORI AND FRED

*BLOG ADDRESS COMING SOON...

cdalejef
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow :( Thanks QJ, we'll keep her in our prayers.

Bradracer18
04-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey tina.....if you talk directly to them....tell them to set up a caringbridge site.....its an amazing site!!! My family used it for me when i was down, and got a lot of great feedback from it.

Here is my site, and you can prob find it from there....

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bradamos

We are praying for her! The body does amazing things!

S.A.J
04-08-2009, 07:03 PM
my prayers are with her

QuadJunkies
04-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
Hey tina.....if you talk directly to them....tell them to set up a caringbridge site.....its an amazing site!!! My family used it for me when i was down, and got a lot of great feedback from it.

Here is my site, and you can prob find it from there....

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bradamos

We are praying for her! The body does amazing things!

Will do thanks for the info, Ill pass it along!

IOWAracer
04-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I will be praying for her!

Bryson#221
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh man...thanks for the latest update from her parents. It's scary when something like this happens to your friend when you just spoke with them not even days before. It's even scarier to know that is what happens to fellow women riders in my league. I sent a card off for her the other day, and I just hope that she comes around to be able to even read it.

Get well, Ash...

Be strong! Love ya girl.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Another update...

Thank you so much for posting Ashley's updates.... As of today Ashlely is off the resperator and breathing on her own. Her fever is gone, her lungs are clear. They have put a feeding tube into her tummy so she is now getting much needed nutrients...I told her when they hooked it up she was getting Tri-Tip (her favorite) anyway last night she opened her bad eye a little and tracked me around the room and when I sat down. Her sister confirmed that,,,I was thinking I was seeeing things. Ashely is very stong, she scratched the scab on her forehead last night and again this morning so when one of us isnt in the room with her they tie her hand down.

Today they put her in a hospital bed chair and she opened both eyes (not all the way but half way) and seemed to enjoy being out of the bed. Her neurologist said she is improving nicely and doing well.

Once again I thank all of you for all your thoughts well wishes and prayers...
Lori

slither
04-13-2009, 12:45 AM
prayer sent I hope she recovers fully

250R-Dee
04-13-2009, 07:42 AM
I hope she makes a full recovery without any issue!!

Good luck Ashley!!

KXRida
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow I hate hearing things like this and it's hard to watch. I do it on a daily basis with my job. Ash, I hope you make a full recovery and we'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

ATV Chic
04-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Thank god she's improving! i will continue to pray for a full recovery! God bless her and her family

Bradracer18
04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Glad to hear the update Tina!!

Best advice I can give is to give lots of support and family/friends in there....and to get her up and moving as much as possible(really helps drain fluid,etc)!

More Prayers!

Extremeracer167
04-14-2009, 12:22 PM
the church, fiance, and myself are all praying for her. Hope all is well, and hope she makes a FULL recovery and can get back to racing!

cmaxx
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
your in my thoughts and prayers Ash.

QuadJunkies
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
ITS DAY 14 IN THE EVENING. ASH WAS VERY SWOLLEN AFTER LAST NIGHTS SURGERY, ESPECIALLY THIS MORNING.....THEY PUT PLATES IN HER ENTIRE FACE WITH THE NURSE TELLINGUS "THEY HAD NO IDEA HOW BUT THE GOT HER PUT BACK TOGETHER" WAS BAD....HER JAW IS WIRED SHUT....BUT ALL IS PUT BACK TOGETHER...THEY ARE GETTING QUITE A BIT OUT OF HER LUNGS BUT SHES BREATHING WELL. HER VITALS GO UP BECAUSE SHE IS COMINGOUT OF HER COMA AND NOT THRASHING AROUND BUT MOVING BOTH LEGS...YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR A KNEE TO THE FACE.....AND HER LEFT ARM SHES BEEN SCRATCHING HER HEAD AND HER FACE ...WAS VERY WORRIED TONIGHT THAT SHE WAS IN PAIN BUT THE TRAMA DR WE HAVE GOTTEN TO NO THRU THIS CAME IN TONIGHT JUST TO REASSURE US THAT THIS IS A GOOD SIGN....HARDER ON US TO WATCH, BUT SHE SAID SHE IS VERY VERY PLEASE WITH ASHLEY'S PROGRESS.
MISTY WHO HAS BEEN HERE EVERY DAY HELPING AS WELL AS KYLE WASHED HER HAIR AND PUT LOTION ONHER ETC.....IT TOOK MISTY AND I ALMOST TWO HOURS TO USE A NON RINSE SHAMPOO, AND DETANGLE HER LONG HAIR BUT WE GOT THE MAJORITY OF THE DRYED BLOOD OFF THE BACK OF HER HAIR AND IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER,HAS TO FEEL BETTER TO HER TOOOO.

ASH MAY BE MOVED TO THE THIRD FLOOR TOMORROW DEPENDS HOW SHE DOSE TONIGHT.....I THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND KEEPING THIS "BABY CHRISTIAN" ON THE RIGHT TRACK.........ITS HARD BUT I AM SEEING JUST HOW HAVING GOD IN OURLIVES MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH BETTER

LORI

QuadJunkies
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
I wish I lived closer so I could pay her a visit . :(
I would love to spend a day with her.

Having a Daughter who races it just makes me sad to think of all that she and her family must me going threw right now .

scuzz
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
So sad, I can't imagine having to do this for any of my three kids.

Thank you for the update.

Bryson#221
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
So good to hear she is doing better.

It is so draining worrying about her all the time. I can't wait until I can actually hear from her again. Keep your prayers for her coming, she's a strong girl..and I know she can pull through, but our help, I'm sure, is always needed.

Which 450?
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
any updates?

QuadJunkies
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
No news yet .

atv-853
04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
If there is a site to make donations please let us know. Our thoughts are with her and her family.

QuadJunkies
04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Im workng on getting in touch with the family personally this week. This way I can do weekly updates and see if they have a fund set up for Ashley.

QuadJunkies
04-22-2009, 11:46 PM
I have communication now with Ashleys Mom and have an update..
Ill be updating on a weekly basis for the time being or as the family has time to do so.

I can hardly believe we have been here 22 day's..... This is something I never thought we would be going thru but here we are. Ashley is still in KMC. They are looking for a subaccute unit for her that will take her with the blow by traq, and a gtube for feeding.... we in kern county only have one subaccute its Delano hospital and they have a long waiting list...

Unfortunatly Ashley had so much damage to her facial bones they had to wire her jaw shut for the next five weeks... she will undergo surgery to take all the gear out of her mouth in late May. She looks good, you would never no by looking at her that she had such a bad injury.

She makes baby steps every day....she hates laying in the hospital bed she is quite frustrated..they put her in what they call the Cadallac chair and have just started doing Physical Therapy. Yesterday we sat her up in bed, then to a chair and then with the PT's much needed help she stood on her own two feet. That was the begining of her frustration I believe now she rolls throws her legs over the edge of the bed and wants up.....We couldnt cope without the help of her boyfriend Kyle and her sister Misty who stay up all night with her.. She is strong... she shocks those that see her how strong she is.. those that no Ashley no that her will to do...is very stong as well and we are counting on that and God's will to help restore Ashley to us......Keep her in your prayers and thank you one and all
We have set up a fund for Ashley (several people are doing fund raisers)

CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO:
ASHLEY APP RELIEF FUND
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union

Lori Anne Jauch

Pappy
04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
An update has been posted...

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/worcs-atv-racing-2009-ashley-app-update.html

Tommy Warren
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
from what I've been reading she is tough as nails! get well soon :)

jcv400ex
04-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I wish you the best Ashley!

QuadJunkies
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
WE CAN HARDLY BELIEVE ITS BEEN THIS LONG BUT HERE WE ARE. ASHLEY IS WIDE AWAKE NOW AND IS VERY TIRED OF BEING IN THE BED. PHYSICAL THERAPY IS DONE WITH HER ONCE IF NOT TWICE A DAY. HE IS GETTING HER UP OUT OF BED SITTING IN A CHAIR AND STANDING UP. OF COURSE ALL WITH HIS HELP SHE IS VERY WOBBLY. WE CONTINUE TO PUT HER IN THE CAD CHAIR AND NOW TAKE HER FOR A SPIN AROUND THE THIRD FLOOR.... SHE LOOKS ALL OVER. SHE RESPONDS VERY WELL TO ME AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS BUT NOT AS WELL TO THE DOCTORS.....LITTLE STINKER... NOW I TELL HER UNLESS SHE CAN DO AS EVERY ONE ASKS WE WONT GO TO THE EXERCISE HOSPITAL AND THEN HOME. ITS HELPING.....
PLEASE JUST KEEP PRAYING THAT SHE CAN BE STRONG AND ENDURE WHAT IS AHEAD OF HER.....THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH LJ

Lori Anne Jauch

jcs003
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
constantly in my prayers and alot of others. prayer does help. from what i have read she has made immacukate recovery so far. god bless!

QuadJunkies
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
prayed hard for God to help give Ashley the strenth to face the first day of rehab....this is what she did not only once but three times.....she didnt want to sit down.....all day i worked with her to sit up in bed on her own....and by late last night she was sitting up by herself............keep on praying..................BABY STEPS LEAD TO A BIG BIG STEP....

Lori Anne Jauch

bigd's ex
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
That's great news. Please tell her to keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
Prayers are sent. :macho :macho :macho

jcv400ex
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
That's Awesome Ashley! Keep up the hard work!!:macho

crf540r
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Dang does this hit so very close to home for me....I remember being in the same situation - just one year ago. After 13 days in ICU, I ended up with 9 plates in my face after breaking it in 37 places. I remember the first time my mom & hubby washed my hair - I had no idea how much blood was in there, it made me feel so good, even though I couldnt talk to tell them!

My mouth was wired shut for 5 weeks (was supposed to 8 weeks, but Im stubborn and healed faster than expected!) and had a tracheotomy for a couple of months. It is horribly frustrating and uncomfortable, I feel for her !!! My back was broken, but I was still able to walk (with an old-person walker). I had 2 strokes from the injuries, and experienced facial paralysis - but with hard work & faith, Ive overcome the facial paralysis. You would never know what happened one year ago when you see me now!

I tell these things, because I want her friends and family to know from someone that has recently gone through this same type accident and injuries that all these small things like getting your hair washed and sitting in a chair help the healing process so much! Everyday was a new challenge - but she sounds tough and will pull through this!

I made a full recovery - much to all my trauma doctors & plastic surgeons surprise - love and faith can do miracles!!!

Stay strong! :)

~ Dawn Wynne
retired #32

Pappy
05-04-2009, 11:52 PM
There are times when the info on this site shakes my very will to even want to be involved in this sport. Threats, bashing, hatred.....

And then every once in awhile some news that makes my heart warm. I have never met her, but have been following the story since it was first posted and have prayed daily for her.

God speed to her and to support her family in her journey!

QuadJunkies
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by crf540r
Dang does this hit so very close to home for me....I remember being in the same situation - just one year ago. After 13 days in ICU, I ended up with 9 plates in my face after breaking it in 37 places. I remember the first time my mom & hubby washed my hair - I had no idea how much blood was in there, it made me feel so good, even though I couldnt talk to tell them!

My mouth was wired shut for 5 weeks (was supposed to 8 weeks, but Im stubborn and healed faster than expected!) and had a tracheotomy for a couple of months. It is horribly frustrating and uncomfortable, I feel for her !!! My back was broken, but I was still able to walk (with an old-person walker). I had 2 strokes from the injuries, and experienced facial paralysis - but with hard work & faith, Ive overcome the facial paralysis. You would never know what happened one year ago when you see me now!

I tell these things, because I want her friends and family to know from someone that has recently gone through this same type accident and injuries that all these small things like getting your hair washed and sitting in a chair help the healing process so much! Everyday was a new challenge - but she sounds tough and will pull through this!

I made a full recovery - much to all my trauma doctors & plastic surgeons surprise - love and faith can do miracles!!!

Stay strong! :)

~ Dawn Wynne
retired #32
Dawn, are you still riding? I know you dont race anymore but thought you still rode sand from time to time??
I thought ALOT about your accident when I read about Ashleys as well.
Are you coming to both Wa. WORCs rounds?? IF so,hope to see you in Wa. for WORCS if I can swing it,would love to see you .:)

crayfz
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
There are times when the info on this site shakes my very will to even want to be involved in this sport. Threats, bashing, hatred.....

And then every once in awhile some news that makes my heart warm. I have never met her, but have been following the story since it was first posted and have prayed daily for her.

God speed to her and to support her family in her journey!

I'm with ya pappy

crf540r
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Tina:

I got on my old 250R for the first time a couple of months ago (I sold the race bikes not long after the accident) We went to the Oregon dunes. I thought I would be a bit freaked out, but it only took about 10 minutes and I was riding big wheelies everywhere! hehehe!!!

I did notice that I got a little freaked out about jumping - which was something I used to LOVE to do. We are going to go riding again over Memorial Day weekend at the Oregon dunes again, so we'll see if I start to get more comfortable catching air :)

I do miss racing a WHOLE bunch, but with all the metal plates in my face, it just isnt a good idea. My surgeons warned that if I ever broke any of those plates, they may not be able to put my face back together again :eek:

Ive been doing pretty good and everyday I feel blessed to be alive

I need to check the WORCS schedule and see when the Washington races are - but I'm sure I will be there to see everyone. Miss you guys LOTS!!!! ;)

~Dawn Wynne

Bryson#221
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Oregon dunes, huh?

Perhaps I'll see ya around :D

QuadJunkies
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by crf540r
Tina:

I got on my old 250R for the first time a couple of months ago (I sold the race bikes not long after the accident) We went to the Oregon dunes. I thought I would be a bit freaked out, but it only took about 10 minutes and I was riding big wheelies everywhere! hehehe!!!

I did notice that I got a little freaked out about jumping - which was something I used to LOVE to do. We are going to go riding again over Memorial Day weekend at the Oregon dunes again, so we'll see if I start to get more comfortable catching air :)

I do miss racing a WHOLE bunch, but with all the metal plates in my face, it just isnt a good idea. My surgeons warned that if I ever broke any of those plates, they may not be able to put my face back together again :eek:

Ive been doing pretty good and everyday I feel blessed to be alive

I need to check the WORCS schedule and see when the Washington races are - but I'm sure I will be there to see everyone. Miss you guys LOTS!!!! ;)

~Dawn Wynne

Im glad to hear your riding again!!
But I would totally understand after having such a horrific accident if you didnt too.. Just have fun safely ;)
Heck, Kelsey has some reservations at times jumping too and her accident wasnt even close to being as bad as you ladies had.
I should know in a couple days for sure if we are coming to race in June, but so far its looking pretty good! The kids are stoked! :D

SRH
05-07-2009, 10:36 PM
i been following the thread, good to hear shes making progress, i got hurt last season, so i can relate what shes going thru, i said i was done with quads....then 6-7 months late i got the itch again, ive kinda come to realize when something serious happens not a broken arm but life altering you either become consumed with fear or numb to it, hopefully she keeps her head up and keeps progressing , shell be back out there riding and living her life before she realizes it, doctors are ridiculous they had me so depressed for awhile the stuff theyd tell me i could and couldnt do, and ive come to realize there overcautious and underestimate you

crf540r
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Bryson#221
Oregon dunes, huh?

Perhaps I'll see ya around :D

I take you ride the Oregon dunes alot? We are going to Florence for Memorial Day weekend....any chance you will be there too?

spdygonzalez450
05-09-2009, 01:47 AM
As I have read this topic it kills me that I had not known about it earlier , but I want to do all i can to help a fellow american and fellow quad rider and a fellow CA resident,I live in CA and I would be more than happy to help in anyway that I could, Bakersfield is a ways from San Diego, but a lot closer than a lot of people. I would be more than happy to do anything for this family and the stong girl in need of the help and prayers of the people.

God bless

Steven450R
05-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I didn't know a local racer needed some help until I read todays paper. I hope Ashley gets better. I'll be making a donation.
Here's some info from the local paper.
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x443329668/ATV-crash-scars-North-High-grad
Before her life-threatening ATV accident April 1, Ashley App had powered through childhood epilepsy, back surgery and other physical hurdles.

The 21-year-old North High School grad always bounced back to her favorite activities: horseback riding, varsity softball, Rollerblading and, more recently, racing quads.

Last month's crash was so bad, though, her family is asking for the community's prayers and financial support.

Ashley is "by far surpassing what everyone thought," said her mother, Lori Jauch of Glennville. She's walking and starting to talk, though her jaws are wired shut.

Ashley's very survival was in question after the accident.

Her fiance, Kyle Miller, 25, was riding with her that day at a private track off Seventh Standard Road, practicing for an upcoming race.

"I saw it all happen," he said.

Ashley came over a tabletop where Miller, a longtime ATV racer, had been helping her perfect a jump.

The nose of the quad came down and Ashley did an "endo" -- end-over-end flip -- with the 350-pound-plus Yamaha landing on her head.

"I keep replaying it in my mind, seeing her just laying there," Miller said.

Her helmet was split in half. That and a protective neck brace saved Ashley's life, her family says.

During the helicopter flight to Kern Medical Center, emergency responders used life-support equipment. Ashley, in a coma, had skull and face fractures and a hematoma in her brain. A bolt in her head measured swelling. She remained in a coma for more than two weeks, part of it medically induced.

Ashley, who was attending Taft College's dental hygienist program, was at Kern Medical Center about a month before transferring to HealthSouth Bakersfield Rehabilitation Hospital.

She might head home this week but will need intensive physical therapy. She's had one surgery and more are in store.

And the journey is far from over.

Ashley's short-term memory is spotty. It may take a year to assess the extent of her brain injury. And it's likely she'll never fully recover, Jauch said.

The family's finances have been hit hard.

Jauch isn't working, since Ashley currently needs 24-hour care. The family's last set of bills was paid by church donations. Ashley's future is uncertain.

"I don't know if she'll ever drive again, let alone work," Jauch said.

She believes prayer circles around the country, sparked by posts on ATV-racing Web sites shortly after the crash, lent divine assistance.

"God truly gave us a miracle," Jauch said. "I truly believe that's the reason she's alive."

HOW TO HELP

Ashley App's family would appreciate your prayers.

If you're able to offer financial support, a fund has been set up at Kern Schools Federal Credit Union under the name "Ashley App Relief Fund."

You can drop off donations at any Kern Schools branch or mail checks to:

Ashley App Relief Fund

c/o Kern Schools Federal Credit Union

P.O. Box 9506

Bakersfield CA 93389

http://www.bakersfield.com/archive/x2081896837/g13e1a80bd261d31106756006152c17c93a28ef3f868303.jp g
http://www.bakersfield.com/archive/x1845259886/g13e0eec41330d648c4b01056727cdcb65f93051edf230c.jp g

QuadJunkies
05-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Thank you so much for posting that!!
Those photos just gave me chills.
It just sickens me when I see and hear of riders who do NOT wear the protective gear that is out there that can save there lives,and here is the proof!!

QuadJunkies
06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Ash is doing great she got her extensions in today....she has hair again, tomorrow is another big day 23 news is coming to watch her at health south and be interviewed. She is remembering things that happened the day of the wreck...not the wreck but the morning of and tons of other things. They cut her siezure meds way back and it has made a dramatic change for the good.....cant wait for you all to see how she has come along
best wishes you all.

Lori Anne Jauch

Quad18star
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Great to hear she's making progress.

sly400ex
06-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Awesome news to hear about the progress! Similar to what QJ said, those pics of the helmet are pretty horrific.

Ashley, keep up the good work and good spirits!:)

hondariderdylan
06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
great thread

great story
hope that she comes out of this one swingin':cool:

jcv400ex
06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
That's Great! Wow, those helmet pics put a sickening feeling in your stomach.

quad2xtreme
06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I really encourage everyone to contribute to her relief fund. Even $10 from enough members would make a huge difference. Accidents like this are the leading cause for good people being forced to file bankruptcy. Don't think for a minute that your medical coverage is so good it is going to fix everything. It doesn't even begin to touch the lost wages, etc.

My wife had a 50K life insurance policy on her son when we first met. I didn't understand why at first...until she told me that in the event something happens to him, she would need 6 months to a year of income to pull herself back together before she could even begin to think about resuming the worklife. It sort of put it into perspective for me.

Glad to hear Ashley is doing better. Please keep updating us on the progress.

scuzz
07-16-2009, 07:30 AM
BUMP.

QuadJunkies
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I havent heard from Ashleys Mom for awhile now, Im going to assume things are getting better by the day. IF I hear anything Ill let you know.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I havent had an update until now,but heres an email I received .
Good news to hear!! :)

Ash is doing great, she is done with all out patient therapy. She has a once a week therapist appointment with a Dr who specializes in helping brain Injured patients get back their lives. She continues to work with the things the physical therapist showed her to do at home, she is reading book's and doing Soduku among several other things to get her brain working on the memory and cognitive thinking skills that are a little slow. She is a remarkable young woman who is making steps to getting her life back. She has an appointment at Taft collage next week to talk with a councelor about taking an easy class to get her back into the collage life. She continues to want to do the Dental Hygene program at Taft collage, and we are behind her 100%. All of her Dr's have told her its going to be very hard but she is stong willed and determended to reach her goals once again.

Ash would like to take up golfing, and start to fish and maybe hunt.

She and Kyle are living in taft together at 401 Taylor St Taft CA 93268 her new cell number is 661-472-9872 and her email (she is on the computer all day) is scarletstr@yahoo.com.

Ashley is so much back to herself that she and her entire family have been at odds about her and Kyle's decision to race the Pre Runner truck Kyle is building. Dr Anderson has warned Ashley that any further brain trama or injuries will stack up resulting in her being in worse shape each time, and possible never recovering. Thru many tears they have agreed to allow two years of recovery befor she will even ride in the truck. All of our family are hoping and praying they will both stand by the decision.

Pappy
08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Fan-Damn-Tastic!!!

Glad to hear it!

insaneracin2003
08-12-2009, 07:36 PM
WOW.....I just heard of this. I havnt be been on here in a while. Great to hear of an awsome outcome.....My prayers are with her and her family.....Great job Ash......keep pushing!!!