PDA

View Full Version : Paul Turner TRX6 pipe

rigger
04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
So what do you guys think about this pipe? I have read that it is a really good woods and tight trail, low to mid range pipe.

I am building my R to be a trail / play ride so it seems like it might be a good pipe for this.

Or maybe an FMF Fatty.

hipnotoad
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I've got one on ebay. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320355932340&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&viewitem=

Rich250RRacer
04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by rigger
So what do you guys think about this pipe? I have read that it is a really good woods and tight trail, low to mid range pipe.

I am building my R to be a trail / play ride so it seems like it might be a good pipe for this.

Or maybe an FMF Fatty.

It works well in the woods, but if you run XC with open fields, you're going to find yourslf shortshifting the quad and getting passed. This pipe really falls off just after mid-range. A buddy of mine had one on his 4 mil stroker, and I run a stock pipe on my 2 mil stroker, both standard 250R cylinders, both ported for the stroker, he ran a 35mm or 36mm PWK from CPW, I run the stock carb. I would easily pull past him in open field sections, but he pulled stronger out of the hole.

ERBE
04-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Dang I just sold a reconditioned P/T Midrange Pipe for 185, bought it for 50 , had it acid washed for 40 , then re chromes and repaired by Shears cant tell you the price ( was cheap) loked brand spank'n new !!! the bought a ESR TRX5 for 200 hehehehehe