PDA

View Full Version : Freshin up the 250R

sly400ex
12-30-2002, 08:15 AM
Hey 250R pro's, I have a stock bore 250R now, what size do you think I should bore it up to? I want reliability!!! I'm going to be buying an ESR pipe and boysen reed valve setup. I don't want to go that big over stock, so..... And should I go with a Wiseco piston? Thanks guys!!!:)

shiftybone22
12-30-2002, 09:26 AM
don't bore it unless u have to for piston clearance reasons. you wont notice much of a difference. you will be losing bore sizes though. so if u blow a motor, u will have to get a whole new cylinder instead of being able to bore it.

crazyboy297
01-02-2003, 09:20 PM
I have an Lt250 and im doing a topend rebuild on it.. but im not sure how i should berak it in. any advise?

beerock
01-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by shiftybone22
don't bore it unless u have to for piston clearance reasons. you wont notice much of a difference. you will be losing bore sizes though. so if u blow a motor, u will have to get a whole new cylinder instead of being able to bore it.

ditto

I would add, if the bore is still in spec just re ring and hone the cylinder....

If you do need to bore the cylinder go 1 size over (66.25mm)

this is depending if your R is really on a fresh bore.
(youll ifnd out when you have it mic'd)

Break in:

start the motor and let it warm up once its warmed up give the throttle a couple chops make sure its running ok.
ride the bike on the first tank without ever holding the throttle WOT, dont keep the throttle in the same position for long periods either, keep varying the throttle.

with a stock size tank id say run two tanks through it before any WOT. once your done with the two tanks go for it!
:devil

MX26
01-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Yeah. What he said. I gotta do the same thing :(