PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Milford

GWTT
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Trying to make round 4. currently rebuilding a complete engine since my grenaded at Havasu :( I've never been to Milford. What's it like? Cold weather prepair for? anything unique about the place? Sorry to hear about Ashley App. that is horrible news to hear. Pray for the best!

raidernut
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
there are 3 things i can say about milford, rocks, rocks, and more rocks!

yfz27
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Milford will be my first WORCS race ever. Going to race the +30 B and the production B classes on my brand spankin' new KTM XC 450. I don't even get to pick it up till tomorrow. So I too could use any info on the track, weather, camping or just WORCS racing in general. I did notice all the rocks in the videos I've watched.

raidernut
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
The track has a long start, that is a pretty decent uphill grade. goes into a gp style motocross section, nothing too technical, then up through the mountain. The downhill part is tricky, through a dry rocky riverbed. Lots of dinged up rims, and sliced sidewalls, so be careful. Camping is similar to any other racetrack. prepare to do a lot of walking to watch the races however, as it is a good walk uphill to the action. the closest restaurants and such are about 20 minutes away in susanville. Nothing at all really in milford, so if your camping, best to eat at the track. If you need to know anything else about track or worcs questions let me know.

yfz27
04-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info.

RCRGIRL
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
So anybody from Vegas or coming through Vegas have room for me? Figured I would throw it out there.

I'm trying to find somebody to ride with or to drive up with but if I do that now I'm thinking I have to find a place to stay cause If I don't have my truck I wont be able to make it to a hotel. It's a far drive for me to take on alone so I'd rather go with someone else. Chip in for gas.

I think it's around a 9 hour drive from Vegas??

GWTT
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
RCR, good luck with finding someone to carpool with. Also If you have a myspace, My sister and G.f. took shots of the races and have a few of you I could tag them to you. You may want to look to Lake havasu possibly some racers there going to milford?
Im almost finished with the rebuild. got almost the whole bottom end done. timing chain, guides flywheel and stator are all that it left then I can install the top end. going to try and get it running by tomorrow night so I can break in the rings at Pala raceway that just opened about 80 miles from my house. sucks living 5 minutes from the beach. Its a drive to everywhere to ride.

RCRGIRL
04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I checked out that Pala track yesterday on their website, it looks sick!!! I'm going to try and make it down there for a weekend!!

WORCS should look at them for next year!!

ACEwrench
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
See if you can get ahold of Cody Mitchell..hes from Vegas and will probably be heading up there. i think his my space is the best way to contact him.

daddio
04-21-2009, 09:10 AM
We are bringing some of our chassis skids and sprocket guards to the race.
Look for a white box van with "Horizion" on the side or ask #191 Pro rider Reed Petchnick.

GWTT
04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
from the weatherchannel.com, Milford expects 30 % chance of rain fri-sunday. 60's in the day to 40's at night. could be a muddy race.. :( I need to finish both my races up front. Battling for a championship in Open B and trying to podium the season in sport B that have alot of catching up to do. only have one ride on the new motor. Hope it can take 10-20 more hrs of beating on it to finish the season :).