PDA

View Full Version : Lucas oil top end lube

n811
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Has anyone had the GREAT results in the Lucas oil top end conditioner and lubricant? I pulled apart the top end on my quad for the 3rd time (to go bigger) and after using the Lucas oil I am amazed at how clean the top of the cylinder was. Very small amounts of carbon buildup after a couple of years of HARD riding in dusty dirty trails. Has anyone else had these results? I'm now using their oil stabilizer also. I called them to ask about a wet clutch, they said use 10% and things will improve. And they have! less knocking at high temp situations. I'm a believer.:D

04-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I always wondered if their products were safe to use in our quads. I always use their oil treatment in my vehicles. I didnt know they had a top end conditioner. Where do you put this stuff in at?

n811
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I always have fun mixing up my fuel to get my octane right, and I put about 1-1/2 oz in each tank of gas. My buddies dad is a top fuel mechanic and turned me on to Lucas products.

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
i use it in the cars also and was wondering if it would work. I put a quart in instead of a quart of regular oil. i always thought about running like half or a quarter of a quarter of a quart in place of regular. it would probably help with cold starting and such like it does with the cars. at least the stuff that i use in the tall white can. steve

Z15
04-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Many drivers feel that oil additives are worth every penny of the extra expense and will swear by their favorite product, citing increased fuel mileage and decreased wear. There's no real documented proof that additives actually do what they claim, its all anecdotal.

If you are using a good oil to start with then you do not need any additives. Whats more many oil manufacturers recommend against using oil additives with their products. For all you know you are using an oil that has better ingredients than what the additives is purporting to provide and just diluting it.

honda400ex2003
04-04-2009, 11:11 PM
i am one of those, some of our vehicles would have valve noise because of the knocking on cold starts in the winter and it is not present with this stuff. have you seen the gears with regular oil compared with lucas treated oil. the lucas stuff keeps them lubed after the oil is long off of the gears. it is nice to use for your valve train in the winter. i run it in all of them so it is a few more dollars than a regular quart but I think it is worth it. i guess for me i am one of those people. I dont run it in the summer just in the winter so it is only an oil change or two a year. it is no more expensive than a quart of amsoil or anything other high end oil. I just run any old w30 in the cars so it it better than that oil i suppose. I have 6b in the fam so we need all the help we can get with preventative maintainance. Any other likes or dislikes for this stuff from experience or such. I have thought about running this in the machine for a long time but i think it is too thick to mix it in with the rest in only 2 quarts. I guess i could try 1/2 quart mixed with 2 that would be like 1 in 4 or 5 quarts in a a car. that would give the same mixture amounts at least. any suggestions? steve

04-05-2009, 08:38 AM
its not good to use. makes the oil foam up and traps a lot of air. makes the oil soupy and rather than stick to the gears it runs right off. might mess with the pump too. i woulnt run it

honda400ex2003
04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
i didn't think it would be too good to run in the 400. the cars it is great though. steve

n811
04-06-2009, 06:35 PM
The fuel additive is the one that really shocked me when I pulled apart my top end. I thought WOW this is a clean engine!!

04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by n811
The fuel additive is the one that really shocked me when I pulled apart my top end. I thought WOW this is a clean engine!!

Is it for sure safe to run?

honda400ex2003
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I run sea foam every now and again in the gas. It seems to work good for me. steve

Sanddraging28
04-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by n811

i have pulled the head off one of my race motors after 3 months of hard running and all i saw was a slight discoloration of the aluminum. i run straight 112 in all my race bikes. pistons stay so clean you could eat off of them.

i am not sure about some of the additives out there. when you read the directions on mixing, remember that it is designed for 4,6,8 cylinder motors. not singles....... when you mix 4 oz per gallon it is split between multiple cylinders, not dumped into one.

leasureryan
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
no never use this stuff in anything that has a wet clutch. It will wipe your clutch out(moly), gum up small oil passages, foam your oil up, and more. NOT for use with ATV's

n811
04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Thats not true. I called them and it even states how much to use on wet clutches. The PRO_GOLD brand is really expensive oil has this kind of additive in it that's why it costs so much more. The additives are for the stuff that doesn't have this type of protection in it.
And yes, the fuel additive it is designed for more cylinders, which is why I only put about 1oz per 2.5 gallons. They (Lucas oil) asked me if I used octane boost or oxygenating additives I replied "yes" they said they are similar in the cleaning agents.