PDA

View Full Version : is it bad to adjust fuel/air mixture instead of idol?

chargercalvin
04-03-2009, 07:28 AM
im takin the 300ex riding today and tomorrow. nothing will stop me from goin. i just bought the quad and the idol wont adjust. the screw goes in and out of the carb but it doesnt effect anything. i guess im missimg some little peice in the carb. anyway it wouldnt even try to idol so i adjusted the fuel/air mixture screw till it idoled. im sure its not real good for it but i really need it idoling. i will fix the idol soon but will it be ok to ride it like it is for a few days?

need info today. thanks everyone,
-calvin

trailrider894
04-03-2009, 08:18 AM
well if it "idols" (witch is spelled idle) after the fuel air change then i think that you are probably okay. but if it was idleing to slow then you should have just turned up the idle speed it is a screw that is fairly large on the left side of the carb i think.

EXKid416
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Probably wont hurt anything but it will run rich on the idle circuit. Take an extra plug with you.

chargercalvin
04-03-2009, 10:24 PM
the "idle" screw does nothing...i will try adjusting it at the throttle

EXKid416
04-04-2009, 04:41 PM
you will need to take it apart and see what parts you have to get. there isnt much of a fix for this unless you have oem parts. i wouldnt suggest trying to jerry rig it.
goto www.ronniesmailorder.com and look at the fiche