PDA

View Full Version : Shock springs

04-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Where can i get some softer springs for my 450r shocks? I ride trails and would like a bit smoother of a ride, yet i do not have the money to completely revalve them.

MikeHenders
04-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Have you tried adjusting your stock shocks they do have softer settings. you can set them soft enough that you bottom out on jumps if you want making your bike soak up the bumps but not the jumps. Keep playing with the settings on the front and back shocks until your happy with it. also what ever you do to one front shock do exactly the same with the other or your bike will handle weird. you will aslo lose handling at high speeds with soft shock settings.

nick.black
04-08-2009, 05:53 AM
I have come to the conclusion that the stock suspension setup on the TRX450 is designed to be replaced with after market.
Smallish jumps on a MX track have some seriously hard landings on the front end. That is landing on back wheels and front coming down really hard.
I have softened up the compression as much as possible, to the point of bottoming out and then a few clicks harder.
I have just ordered a completely new front end to replace the stock set up.
It has got to the point where I feel physical pain on landing.