PDA

View Full Version : intake boot question

rigger
04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I picked up a stock reed cage assembly off of e bay the other day for just about nothing. It came with an intake boot on it that I think must be a CR style boot because when I put the carb on it, the carb is to far away to reach the air box boot.

So I am just guessing this is a CR style boot because it seem to be short and I thought I had read somewhere on here before that the CR style boot was shorter and you had to run a reed spacer to be able to use it.

So, my question is...... Is there an advantage to runing the CR style intake boot with a reed spacer over the stock intake boot and why?

But either way, I can not run this one because the the boot itself is hard and cracked.

1promodfan
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I think I've heard some guys say it gives better throttle response, I can't remember for sure. But yea, the CR style is a little shorter. Maybe someone will chime in that actually runs one.

05LSR250R
04-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I ran one about 5 years ago on my short rod motor. CR boot and reeds with a reed spacer and 38mm A/S. That bike had some really nice upper mid-range and just flat out hauled up top! I really cant tell you why its better......I dont know!
Might have something to do with the air/fuel charge entering the cylinder with more velocity than the stock set up.

norcalduner
04-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by rigger
Is there an advantage to runing the CR style intake boot with a reed spacer over the stock intake boot and why?

CR style boot will easily fit bigger carbs while the stock intake boot will need to be considerably stretched.

If the one you got is unuseable, I have both styles sitting on the shelf that I can get rid off.

norcalduner
04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Here is the CR 250 intake bought new from ESR and never used only mounted. $30 shipped.

norcalduner
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Here is the stock intake from an 89 in excellent condition. $20 shipped to your door. I accept paypal or money order :)

rigger
04-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I will get back with you on those. I have a friend that has a stock one. If his is not in good shape then I will probably touch base with you and get one of yours.

Thanks