PDA

View Full Version : How to build a hotrod (not)

scuzz
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Plenty of good reading here on how not to do anything EVER to a car.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=224101

Here's a shining example:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3135/cimg9136wv4.jpg

04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
haha thats a new one on me

scuzz
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL read the whole thread. They even posted youtube videos of it running for the 1st time.

Did you look at the detonation pitting in the heads and pistons? Wow.

<DRS>GPF
04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
"My favourite mod. Sin grooves!! According to him, that will make the mixture travel faster to the centre of the chamber, thus improving efficiency. Whatever..."

buck440
04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
im not much of a car guy so what's wrong?:confused:

NacsMXer
04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by buck440

The question is what isn't wrong :p

If you go through the thread, you can tell the guy has a "chop job" way of doing things.

<DRS>GPF
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by buck440

grinding and filing on an assembled head = fail , among much of the other poorly planned achievements the first 10 pages or so point out.

Ruby Soho
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
wow... thats all i have to say:eek2:

buck440
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
yah look at the picture that explains:rolleyes: **EDIT** just seen the rest and holy **** is this guy serious?

scuzz
04-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Did you guys see the frankenclutch?

OMG - he took a disk grinder out to make a clutch from another car work...

907Rider
04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
My god:eek: I could do better than that blind folded and hand cuffed... and I know little about porting and head milling ect.

Pipeless416
04-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Did you guys see the frankenclutch?

OMG - he took a disk grinder out to make a clutch from another car work...

i read mostly everything till it got to the point of others just saying the thread was on their forum too.. that clutch is going to hurt somebody if it hasn't yet.

1fst400
04-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Idk, I looked throu allot of it. Guy seems to be just smart enough to get himself into trouble. the "sin grooves" are actually legit. lol I have serched it before and looked into doing it.

idk, cars with standalone engine management isnt crazy for it to sound like that on first start up. If you dont have a diecent baceline tune to start with anyways...granted after the 1st backfire I think anyone in their right mind would shut it off. lol

PPl piss me off on forums becasue they diss guys like this that are acually out building stuff and learning. when your critisizing him because you saw something that looks shinyer somewhere elltse so his must be junk. when you dont know a thing about it in the first place!

brian76708
04-04-2009, 01:22 AM
i like how when he tries painting, he doesn't even clean it first haha. i like his attempt at cutting his valve seats to.

<DRS>GPF
04-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by 1fst400
Idk, I looked throu allot of it. Guy seems to be just smart enough to get himself into trouble. the "sin grooves" are actually legit. lol I have serched it before and looked into doing it.

idk, cars with standalone engine management isnt crazy for it to sound like that on first start up. If you dont have a diecent baceline tune to start with anyways...granted after the 1st backfire I think anyone in their right mind would shut it off. lol

PPl piss me off on forums becasue they diss guys like this that are acually out building stuff and learning. when your critisizing him because you saw something that looks shinyer somewhere elltse so his must be junk. when you dont know a thing about it in the first place!

i suppose i agree with you on the "learning" aspect of it, but to me it appears he's taking some lethal short cuts, rather than "doing it right"..

ive seen friends "cob" a 383 into an S-10, then ive also seen guys who put the time into the project. i dont need to tell you which version survived those days.

anyway.. i never went to the end of the thread to hear what it turned out like, so i honestly couldnt say if it survived long enough to show off.

extremeblastr
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
for those of you who are giving him hell for those sin grooves he filed in, stop yourself now granted he is doing it on the wrong head. those are actually a legitimate mod for the 8valve head with the offset spark plug and funky shape. guy was just trying to get something out. although in the end he is obivously doing a lot wrong to only be pushing 386whp on 1.85 bars of boost at 7000rpms with the stuff he put in there. car should be close to 500 on that alone.... for those of you who are wondering 1.85 bars is somewhere in the range of 27-30psi