PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased 300 ex, couple of questions

adelmer
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi, Just purchased a mint 2005 Honda 300EX, Always had Yamaha 350 Warriors in the past, so have a couple of questions.
We have already put a FMF Muffler and Pipe on, We've got a jetting kit coming (Any Advice about jetting on these quads?? ), K&N should be here today, I think we've got a 14 tooth front sproket on its way as well. Any other suggestions for upgrades, Still have the stock tires on the quad (which are still basically brand new).. Anything we aren't doing that we should??
Also I'm attaching a picture (hope it works), the plastic thing I have outlined in blue, Do you need that, whats its purpose?? Didn't have those on the warriors and it makes it smell like gas everytime you take the seat off.... Thanks so much, I've read alot about these bikes on this forum's you guys have some awesome bikes!

bean #310
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
om not sure what it is or what it does but i dont have one and mine runs just fine

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by bean #310
om not sure what it is or what it does but i dont have one and mine runs just fine

what did you do to fill all the holes where the hoses go into the motor? did you just leave them open?

I always thought it was for cooling because it takes air from the breather and puts it in the motor but i dunno

born2ride14
04-03-2009, 05:09 AM
The older bikes dont have them, I dont have one on my 96

ktm300ex
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
ya my 95 didnt have one and my 00 does and both run great
not sure what its for tho