PDA

View Full Version : dirt wheels vs. quad mag

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
so far I have bought 2 copies of quad magazine and I have recieved posters in both of them. also I see a lot of people have quad mag posters in the backround of their pictures. do all quad mags come with posters? I have a subscribtion with dirt wheels and they have so many sweet bikes and pictures but they lay them out so I can't even cut the pics out of the mag. I know this isn't the point of an atv magazine but it is a nice bonus. so here it is people....dirt wheels or quad mag? which do you prefer?

greenblood01
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I like Quad, but the last few issues have been kind of thin due to the struggling economy..

coryatver
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Dirt wheels is more of a catalog. Its a mag written by old dudes that used to ride dirtbikes there quad reviews are a joke whoever buys the back cover ad always wins. Quad magazine has great pictures but the content is really lame. There website has a lot of good stuff on it though.

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I just picked up the 2009 buyers guide by quad magazine and its got all kinds of full page pictures and a poster with a super hot chick and a drd built raptor. plus its got all the info on every major brand of atv produced in 09. I think I'm gonna subscribe to quad just to dress up my garage but I still trust dirt wheels when it comes to tech articles and new products.

06 Honda 450R
04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
used to get quad but seems like dirt wheels have more stuff in them

KFX450Rrider490
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
id have to say dirtwheels is better than quad because of their articles but right now id realy say quad is horrible there mags barly break 110 pgs

brian76708
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
ive gotten quad magazine for the past 2 yrs and the last 2 ones i got were about half the size of the normal ones and they were mostly all adds i know the economy is tough but i am not renewing my subscription.

05LSR250R
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Whatever happened to ATVSport? Thats the only one I really liked to read!

spanky101
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
ive gotten quad magazine for the past 2 yrs and the last 2 ones i got were about half the size of the normal ones and they were mostly all adds i know the economy is tough but i am not renewing my subscription.

I think most of it has to do with the off season. Of coarse dirtwheels will have a thick issue still because of all the filler they put in there. Quad magazine is easily my favorite atv magazine out there. If you look at the pictures, articles and even some of the less noticable things like the paper used, its of a much higher grade then dirtwheels.

04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Dirtwheels was good before Quad. Now its a big Yamaha fest. Quad started skimping material but IMO still the best magazine. My subscription ended in December 2008 and I havent renewed although I got 2 digital copies for free for March and April. Good info in there

700bRad
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
The last 3 months ive got from Quad they havnt came with any posters. Did anyone get a poster in the March or April editions? And I agree they are getting SUPER thin...

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I'va read reviews on the exact same bike from both mags like on the 700xx dirt wheels says they don't like it and quad says its the best thing since sliced bread (and sliced bread was a big deal) who am i supposed to believe?

hondariderdylan
04-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I get quad and have bough or thumbed through a couple of dirt wheels

quad wasnt a very thick magazine to begin with, obamas new economy isnt helping anything:scary:

hopefully the next will have a poster, but i dont know

dirtwheels is a bigger mag because they obviously have a lot more $ to spend

i love the dirtwheels "letters" section and there tons of reveiws and tests

quad has top notch photography, and posters(all of witch i have hung on my wall)

if i had the choice i would get both, but quad got me b/c of the posters and the free shirt i got when i subscribed

buck440
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
subscribed to dirtwheels for 7 years now...no regrets

04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
dirt wheels is very family orientated and do nnot push there test atvs to the limits so there top speeds have always been of TRUST ME, but as for poster every once in a while quad has a hot lady on a bike poster every magazine

mxtuner
04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Dirtwheels ftw! Always a good bathroom reader!

buck440
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
DirWheels FTW x2:D

mcarlson1
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Whatever happened to ATVSport? Thats the only one I really liked to read!

ATV Sport is still out i subscribe to it and its actually my favorite mag, they have more quad features and cooler stuff then the others.

Thanks,
Mike

04-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I hate QUAD. To me Dirt wheels is 10x better.

05LSR250R
04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mcarlson1
ATV Sport is still out i subscribe to it and its actually my favorite mag, they have more quad features and cooler stuff then the others.

Thanks,
Mike

I agree! I let my subscription run out and cant find any issues anywhere around here! I guess I'll try their web site. Do they have one?

04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
the write up and tips that Quad hs are great. The whole scoop on power adders and what each part does was great. They explained everything in the motor performance wise. Then the jetting article. The recent one was Keepin it new and how to keep things looking and performing good. Tire rotations, air filter maintainance, shock and pivot greasing...

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
hahaha I just bought a copy of ATV world magazine, its published and produced in canada. It has like 20 maybe 30 pages and 9 out of 10 of the pages are about utility quads and farming with them. it just goes to show how well the sport atv industry is doing in canada!

Ralph
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I'va read reviews on the exact same bike from both mags like on the 700xx dirt wheels says they don't like it and quad says its the best thing since sliced bread (and sliced bread was a big deal) who am i supposed to believe?

That's because everyone has different opinions and why you'll notice in most of our reviews we wont say "THIS IS THE BEST". We give you the info the make your own decision.

motofreak2772
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I used to get both. I had a subscription to DirtWheels and I think I got a free one for QUAD off of sponsorhouse but sadly I get neither now... I kinda liked reading both and comparing the differences. And besides one mag just doesnt have enough sport/race quad info in it. If I only read one it seems like there is too much redneck quads and trail riding.

tach13
04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I read dw for years, not a bad mag but when I found quad I liked it better from the start. The posters are obviosly great, there all over my garage. But the tips and tricks are pretty good info, the parts sections are good and some of the articals are good reads. But I hate the 4by4 crap. I don't think there as pasionate as the mx'rs and xc'rs. Jmo

Pappy
04-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I had dinner with both magazines tonight. I dont think they would fight it out, but i will see what i can do:eek2:

feuerstack411
04-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I like Quad sooo much better then Dirtwheels. Quad seems so much higher quailty than dirtwheels.

Pappy
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
I agree! I let my subscription run out and cant find any issues anywhere around here! I guess I'll try their web site. Do they have one?

They dropped to 4 issues a year......

mxtuner
04-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Time for atvriders.com to get there own magazine going! :cool:

Pappy
04-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by mxtuner
Time for atvriders.com to get there own magazine going! :cool:

www.atv-insider.com Thats about as close as you will get on the racing side, the rest we do on the homepage

We actually work for several magazines, providing them with the pictures and articles so we try not to take sides or bash etc.

I wish the people that supposedly grease all these magazine writers would hand me some cash....i sure havent seen anything that leads me to believe that the reviews your read are influenced by anything other then opinion....and you know what they say about opinions:p

tach13
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I had dinner with both magazines tonight. I dont think they would fight it out, but i will see what i can do:eek2:

I'd pay 5bucks for that.

TrapZ400
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I love QUAD Magazine and ATV Insider

I highly recommend ATV Insider to every racer and fan of atv racing.

Tommy Warren
04-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
I love QUAD Magazine and ATV Insider

I highly recommend ATV Insider to every racer and fan of atv racing.

I've never heard of atv insider do you have a web site?

mxtuner
04-02-2009, 11:58 PM

lol look up a few posts, Pappy just posted it!

TrapZ400
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Im just a fan of ATV Insider

Here's a link
www.atv-insider.com

QuadJunkies
04-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Atv Insider is AWESOME!