PDA

View Full Version : Victory Sports INDOOR SERIES

raptor_02
12-29-2002, 10:02 PM
I just heard about it about a week ago. The next race is at MORISTOWN TENN. Is anyone going????????/

raptor_02
12-30-2002, 03:47 PM
Also Jeremiah Jones participated in the first race of the season and got beat. I was very shocked when I saw that.

MrP
12-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Did he break down? If not, who beat him?

raptor_02
12-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MrP
Did he break down? If not, who beat him? I don't really know if he broke down. I'm assuming he did but it was John Natalie Jr that beat him. You can go to www.victory-sports.com to check it out. Its under indoor motocross winter series. Check it out

Lurch
12-30-2002, 08:28 PM
My wife doesn't want me to race anymore of those races. I was at the Shelbyville, TN event this year (2002) when Casey Wilson died when his 400EX through him in the whoops. I was on the gate waiting to run my qualifier when it happened.

660bigdaddy
01-01-2003, 08:18 AM
hey lurch, nice picture of you in feb03 issue of dirt wheels. not much left that's stock on the mojave i see. i like the orange plastic.. i just broke my leg doing some ice racing man, you gotta bounce right back if you love doing it:) go run the indoors. people die eating grandmas apple pie, so don't let someone elses misfortune stop ya. jmo. God bless and happy new year.

raptor_02
01-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Lurch
My wife doesn't want me to race anymore of those races. I was at the Shelbyville, TN event this year (2002) when Casey Wilson died when his 400EX through him in the whoops. I was on the gate waiting to run my qualifier when it happened. how did he die???????? What injuries did he suffer??? Also what happened, did his quad just get on him and he couldn't get it off?????

Lurch
01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
It happened in the whoops. It threw him over the handlebars with so much momentum that the helmet flexed and crushed his skull in his forhead area. I think this is how hw died. It wasn't that bad of an acident.

RIDER11X
01-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Lurch
My wife doesn't want me to race anymore of those races. I was at the Shelbyville, TN event this year (2002) when Casey Wilson died when his 400EX through him in the whoops. I was on the gate waiting to run my qualifier when it happened. I quit racing after getting landed on twice and decided to race just one more. just before my class a guy came up short on a double and had to get trached right on the track to start breathing again. that did it for me, but still took 2nd place that night!
Now i'm an ole trail rider that says "back in the day............".:D

raptor_02
01-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I quit racing after getting landed on twice and decided to race just one more. just before my class a guy came up short on a double and had to get trached right on the track to start breathing again. that did it for me, but still took 2nd place that night!
Now i'm an ole trail rider that says "back in the day............".:D what exactly does trached mean??????????

RIDER11X
01-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
what exactly does trached mean??????????

Medical term to describe when they cut an opening below the adams apple to enable a person to breath if the throat was damaged. This guy apparently slammed the bars really hard. That whole scene really made me reconsider what I was doing for the fact that I must make it to my job to pay bills. Racing works out much better for the kids still living at home.:D

crap-banshee32
01-02-2003, 12:45 AM
im going to summit county indoors. there in ohio, anyone going

raptor_02
01-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Well I just got back from the weekend of racing. I found out that indoors are way different than outdoors. I also heard a few people say they are very dangerous but I really don't think so. Yes it is very crowded on an indoor track but you don't come out of 2nd gear. Well I would bearly click to 3rd on one straight and that's it. The tracks are so tight it doesn't allow you to go fast. There was one kid there that ended up with a broken arm but the kid looked like he was 13 or 14 years old and weighed probaly 110lbs. Also it was his team mates fault, his team mate to my understanding was behind him, then after the kid wrecked his teammate then ran him over. But overall I felt they were fun and pretty safe. The speeds aren't high enough to get hurt to bad. I do recomend if you haven't raced an indoor, try it. The first day I got last place at 6th place because I was late for the main and only got to run about 2 laps out of 5. What a dumbarse. The second day there was 11 quads that signed up for the 4 stroke sportsman class. The gate only held 10 quads so they had two heats with 4 advanceing from each and a last chance qualifier with 2 advanceing. In the main on the second day I got 5th out of 10 quads. I was happy with that considering it was my first appearence at an indoor. Results are at www.victory-sports.com