PDA

View Full Version : DG forward mounted oil tank

11-16-2001, 11:11 PM
I have heard ((not experinced) that after riding LONG wheelies on a 400EX that when the bike is tipped up for long periods of time that you can damage the motor because the oil pump cannot suck oil from the tank when the bike is tipped. So I was looking through a mag. and found a DG foward mounted oil tank ($130). This tank mounts to factory mounts but it sits at more of an angle so when the bike is tipped it can always get oil. What do you guys think?? I will tell you this, this DG oil tank is awsome looking!! Its soild chrome and looks sweet! I might buy it just becauase it looks nice.

12-05-2001, 08:40 AM
I doubt seriously that long wheelies would starve the bike for oil besides there's always oil in the crankcase. I think the bike would have to be upside down for that supply line at the base of the tank to blow air. But it sounds like a good excuse to get a trick aftermarket part if you're just looking for justification.

redrider ex
12-14-2001, 09:39 AM
My 400 is a 99 modle and me and my buddy go out to his 600 acre hay feild and ride wheelies across it and sometimes i can ride for like a quarter of a mile on a wheelie and we do it all the time and nock on wood it has'nt caused any problems yet.