PDA

View Full Version : Throttle sticking

bubbrubb25
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Just bought a banshee and it has a motion pro twist throttle on it and the throttle keeps sticking wide open, will any banshee throttle cable work on the twist throttle or do I need a special one for that? The cable is frayed a little when you take the cap off the twist throttle so i figured its just the cable.

Also did the guy that put the twist throttle on need to cut the bars or anything to put it on? I was thinking about just getting a thumb throttle for it.

zwark
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bubbrubb25
Just bought a banshee and it has a motion pro twist throttle on it and the throttle keeps sticking wide open, will any banshee throttle cable work on the twist throttle or do I need a special one for that? The cable is frayed a little when you take the cap off the twist throttle so i figured its just the cable.

Also did the guy that put the twist throttle on need to cut the bars or anything to put it on? I was thinking about just getting a thumb throttle for it.

did you try lubing the cable?

Young_Gun1
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
he shouldn't have had to modify the bars at all

bubbrubb25
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by zwark
did you try lubing the cable? I squirted WD-40 down it yesterday and it worked alright and then today it stuck so i sprayed a little more down it from the top and inside where you take the top off on the twist throttles and it just kept sticking really bad.

zwark
04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bubbrubb25
I squirted WD-40 down it yesterday and it worked alright and then today it stuck so i sprayed a little more down it from the top and inside where you take the top off on the twist throttles and it just kept sticking really bad.

Take the cable out the rubber hose and soak it with lubricant, you could use motor oil, it shouldn't hurt it., then try it.

nskukalek79
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
does it have any caps bolted on the the end of the handle bars? i had a bike that had this problem and the end caps were too tight and they would just hold the throttle wherever you twisted it to.

bubbrubb25
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
no caps