PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket & Rotor Guards

rodeo#11
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
alright so i see some of the gncc pro's like bill ballance and brandon summers and all of them run these gt thunder sprocket and rotor guards instead of full skids, i guess so they dont drag and get bottomed out... so i checked gt thunder for a 400ex one, turns out they dont make them for a 400ex. Was just wondering if anyone had ever made one of these for their quad OR if the 450r sprocket guard would fit on a 400ex??

Pipeless416
04-01-2009, 09:48 AM
im also interested in knowing if they'll swap.. my only concern would be the brake rotor.. that hangs even lower :eek:

coryatver
04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
They make sprocket guards that will fit a 400ex. The problem is the swingarm skid mounts are to far up the swingarm so one of those rotor guards can not be designed for it. You need to get some swingarm mounts welded on.

also unless you are a racer I wouldn't run a sprocket guard. They can cause severe engine damage. Junk gets jammed into it making the chain tight and it will break your chain if you are lucky or your case and other problems like that.

04-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
also unless you are a racer I wouldn't run a sprocket guard. They can cause severe engine damage. Junk gets jammed into it making the chain tight and it will break your chain if you are lucky or your case and other problems like that.

You mean XC racing... because MX you dont need any skids. I ride mx style and fast trails and I dont run any skids. Only time I would ride with a skid is if you're riding somewhere you are unfamiliar with (could be stumps or rocks) or if you ride rocky or stumped trails.