PDA

View Full Version : to camber or not to camber?

maticus
04-01-2009, 06:21 AM
ok im running a trx450, and as it sits it camberd maybe half inch or inch. and im wondering if it would turn easier if i took out some of the camber ( to unbind the ball joints alittle) was my thinking.

Scro
04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
I run an 1/8" on each side. This is for XC.

racernorris
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
the more negative camber you run the more effort it takes to keep it turning, (the quad pulls back straight) back in the old 250r days you seen a lot of the guys running 1-2 inches (5-7 degrees negative camber). if you want a lighter steering run less negative camber. i would recommend 1/4 inch.

Norris

deathman53
04-11-2009, 11:12 AM
the more you lay back the spindle, the slower it turns. I have 2 front ends on my 250r's, Roll lobo 2 and Laeger t-pin. The Roll design turn alot slower and is better at high speeds. My t-pin turns really quick and canbe somewhat twitchy in high speeds. Turning is far better. Camber is the same(wheel leaning into the chassis), the caster is very different. With the t-pin, the spindle is pretty straight up & down, little lean. With the roll design, the spindle is leaned back pretty far. Its great for mx, you have to use your body to partly make it turn and stable in rough stuff. The t-pin can turn too quick, making for counter-steering at times.