PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problems on my Quadzilla

87Quadzilla907
03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I own a 1987 suzuki LT500R quadzilla and while I was riding today I started to hear a noise from the case. I put the tranny in nuatral and let out on the clutch and it still wanted to lurch like it was in gear but it was really in nuatral.It also made a heck of a grinding noise when i let out on the clutch. I tried to limp it back home and now it is locked in first gear. any machanics out there have any clue to what may have happen?

atvmxr
04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
drain your oil and check for metal pieces.. then pull the clutch cover off. a common failure is for the ears or fingers, whatever you want to call them, to break off the clutch basket. then the pieces get ground up and then those little pieces get stuck in the shifter pawl and then its stuck in gear...

also, check out quadracer hq dot com for the best zilla specific site

87Quadzilla907
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Ok I pulled the clutch cover off and there was no metal shavings or pieces. I got it to come out of 1st gear but i have no nautral. The only way I can get it to roll is to hold the clutch in. There where some grinding marks on the clutch cover on the inside rounded like the whole clutch plate had rubbed or something. I have not pulled the six bolts out of the clutch yet because I dont want it to fly apart or anything? LOL. I aprecciate any help!!:confused:

atvmxr
04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
i assume you mean the inner clutch pressure plate has rub marks on it? (the part that has the 6 bolts on it) it wont fly apart when you unbolt it, but thats not necessary right now..

how did you get it out of first? If you still have to pull in the clutch then its not in neutral...

did you drain the trans oil? was there metal in it?

I think its best to discuss this on the other site so you can get a bunch of input, ideas and help of zilla experts...
;)