PDA

View Full Version : Fox or ride fx?

evil 525
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the shocks. Which ones are better fox or the ride fx?

somewon
04-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I like my Ryde FX shocks, but you can add rezzies to the Fox shocks. both are rebuildable. Are you planning to do a lot of racing, or just want a better ride than what it is right now?

evil 525
04-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Mine came with the ride shocks but I just bought fox shocks and put them up front but I haven't tried them yet. I don't race but do like to jump off stuff. not too big though

somewon
04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I think the Fox shocks are a little better, but you will have to revalve /respring to see a big improvement in either shock. I hop 50 footers with my ryde shocks, I'm going to have colby add rezzies, revalve, and respring the fox fronts I picked up just to add a little more cushion and reduce fade when I'm racing. If I wasn't planning to race a lot this year I probably would have just had him do my ryde shocks and left it at that.

You didn't happen to pick up a set of fox rear shocks that you don't want did you? :)

-Adam

Evasiveone
04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
The Fox shocks are a better shock, but until you respring/revalve either one you are not going to notice a huge difference. The Fox shocks have a bigger piston shaft which makes them stronger. I have the rebuilt Ryde FX and am happy with them and have never noticed shock fade in my XC races.

evil 525
04-03-2009, 09:05 AM
no I don't have fox on the rear,I'm looking for a pair for the back as well. How much does it usally cost to get shocks revalved?

somewon
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
PM colby, he can give you a price.

ojcool
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I think the Fox shocks are alot better actually. I ditched my Ride Effects for a set of stock YFZ450 fronts and noticed a huge improvement.