PDA

View Full Version : Long travel set up

Stroker81
03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Alright I need some advise, I just ordered me some long travel a arms for the 400. They take a 20 1/8 and compressed length of 14 5/8. I am looking at fox evol floats. What kind of shocks would you all recommend.

Honda#4
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Can't go wrong with Custom Axis, i love mine and they perform great. Motowuz,PEP,Stadium,HLS,Ohlins are all great shocks. I've heard nothing but good remarks for the Motowuz shocks,(coming from the 450 people) and I still havent seen a 400 with them, there probably the cheaper LT shock outta what I listed.

Just wondering what arms you got?

buster024
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I've got LT Elka quad rate Elite series, and they are absolutely phenomenal. I can't comment on any other brands, as I've never had personal experience with them, but I can tell you that for my type of riding they are excellent.

Stroker81
03-31-2009, 09:44 PM
I just ordered teixeiratech long travel a arms. When I get em I will take some pics.

NacsMXer
03-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Go with the Floats if you want maximum tuneability. If you want shocks that you can just set up and not have to compensate for air temperature etc. then the Floats are not for you.

That's why I prefer a regular "coil over" shock over the Floats myself. I don't race, and I don't want to have to be tweaking them all the time.

Go with any of the shocks Honda#4 mentioned and you can't go wrong. I sure love my LT PEP's! :devil:

NacsMXer
03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Stroker81
I just ordered teixeiratech long travel a arms. When I get em I will take some pics.

Those are real nice arms, good choice btw.

Nac's22
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I recomend PEP. I have them on my 450R, 250R, and my 440EX and i love every set. I'm not a fan of elka because my 450 came with them and I just couldn't stand them so I got rid of them. Another I would recomend is Axis. Every Axis bike I have ridden always rides very well. Fox Shox are supposed to be very nice too. A lot of people use them and I dont hear very many bad things about them. What ever you choose it would be so much better then the stock suspention. LT is like a dream. If you get PEP's go to SF Racing. He just did my set for my 450 and they areby far the greatest set I have owned.