PDA

View Full Version : Assult Rifle ShotGun

reptikes
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Guy at the range had a ShotGun that looked like an Assult Rifle semi auto - took clips. Anybody hear of it, Make or Model ?

05LSR250R
03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
StreetSweeper!:devil: or SPAZ
Round magazine like a TommyGun?

reptikes
03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
StreetSweeper!:devil: or SPAZ
Round magazine like a TommyGun?

There was a drum beside it and regular looking clip (like an AK would take) It looked like an M-16 or something like that but was a 12 guage

05LSR250R
03-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Ive seen those also. I have no clue what tose are called!
The Streetsweeper has a Tommygun style round magazine and holds somethin like 30 rounds. Hard to remember....its been about 5 yrs. since I shot that beast! It belongs to a friend of mine and he only brings it out on special shoots!:(
That thing was a handful to say the least.......also illegal as hell!:mad:

BTW....the one Im talkin about is either semi or full auto!
Just flip a lever like the AK!

reptikes
03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
also illegal as hell!:mad:

I was just kidding then:chinese: .

05LSR250R
03-31-2009, 08:20 PM
LMAO........I dont think anyones gonna come knockin on anyones door! If it was only a semi-auto then its perfectly legal to possess!

03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
thats bad ***! I want to see one of those fire

buck440
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
this one is called the usas-12 shotgun, there about 30 diff types of assult shotguns

Motoracer13
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
More than likely it was s SAIGA-12. I have one and love it, its based on AK design. Very light with little recoil. 5rd mags, 7rd law enforcement and now soon to be mine 20rd drum!!! "youtube" this gun its a blast.

Oh its also on obama's planned gun ban list.

muddy400EX
04-01-2009, 01:22 AM
just wondering, for the dudes that have guns like these, Motoracer13 for example. what exactly do u do with them? lol. just take em to shooting ranges and shoot random **** in your yard? lol. cuz if i had a gun, i would never even get to use it:(

05LSR250R
04-01-2009, 06:15 AM
We have a pretty good chunk of land and we shoot on it. We usually gather enough garbage like washers,dryers, old fridges and what not. Once we have enough crap we get everyone together for a shoot. This usually includes just about every gun.
We had a buddy who blew a rod in his Helldorado. We towed that back to the farm and smoked that POS! Once we get done we call up the scrapguy and he hauls the carnage outta there! We also shoot skeet every week when the weather allows us to.

Motoracer13
04-01-2009, 06:48 AM
I have a plug for the 5rd mag that makes it legal for rabbit/bird hunting. People will look at me funny or laugh until they feel what a light gun it is. It is also a great gun for skeet shooting.

gcart2
04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
i would rather have one of these.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_m4.php

reptikes
04-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Motoracer13
More than likely it was s SAIGA-12.

I googled it. Thats the gun. It felt light, had minimal kick...
So i heard.

05LSR250R
04-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
I googled it. Thats the gun. It felt light, had minimal kick...
So i heard.

Did they have a price on it?

reptikes
04-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Did they have a price on it?

$639.95 When i get back to work i want one for the house.

ben300
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
i would rather have one of these.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_m4.php

M4's suck..they're just a nova with a pistol grip, and extended magazine....

now their new gun, the vinci looks cool....but you can't be for speed, the SX3....worlds fastest semi auto matic shot gun...12 rounds in 1.442 seconds..that as fast as a belt fed 50 cal

gcart2
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
^^^ jsut wondering... when would you need to shoot that fast other than military use? im just saying i would buy a benelli before i bought any other type of shot gun.

Pappy
04-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
^^^ jsut wondering... when would you need to shoot that fast other than military use? im just saying i would buy a benelli before i bought any other type of shot gun.

Speed is important:devil:

All kidding aside, Benelli has its act together. I will have a new one before duck season arrives! Glad to see the shotgun is still recieving attention, but damn if I would want to carry some of the ones they claim to be "assualt" designated.

reptikes
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Speed is important:devil:

All kidding aside, Benelli has its act together. I will have a new one before duck season arrives! Glad to see the shotgun is still recieving attention, but damn if I would want to carry some of the ones they claim to be "assualt" designated.

I've been waiting for you to chime in... Do you happen to know the make or model of a 12 gauge total length is like 18" long maybe even shorter. It holds three rounds. Very, very small shot-gun. ???

Pappy
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Id check Mossberg for that. They tend to offer alot in the way of "Defense" shotguns.

On the cheap, folks buy the Mossberg with the 2 barrel combo (regular barrel and the slug barrel as its alot shorter) You can send a load of 00 down a hallway just fine through the slug barrel and its short enough to be usefull in a narrow corridor.

Federal law prevents any barrells on a shotgun less then 18 1/4 inch in length.

Pappy
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Also, if this purchase will be towards home defense, dont discount the Remington Youth model 870 20 gauge.

There are 3 weapons within arms reach of my bed, my 45, a Rem. Youth model 20 Gauge loaded with #2 Steel shot and my M-4. The 45 is first out, and the wife runs back up with the 20:p

gcart2
04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Also, if this purchase will be towards home defense, dont discount the Remington Youth model 870 20 gauge.

There are 3 weapons within arms reach of my bed, my 45, a Rem. Youth model 20 Gauge loaded with #2 Steel shot and my M-4. The 45 is first out, and the wife runs back up with the 20:p

what in the hell:huh i keep a .357 under my matress and i feel plenty safe. yall have enough at hands reach to take on a small army:huh

do you keep a 4/10 with cody and a .22 with your little one? good lord lol.

Pappy
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
No, they arent permitted to have loaded firearms in their rooms, but both have full access to them if needed. There are no secrets to firearms with my kids, I raised them that way. They dont have any desire to play with them or handle them simply because they were raised with them. They know what they can do, respect them and handle them the way they are being trained to handle them, with safety being paramount.

Having ample firepower and training is the key to surviving an assault, whether that be one lone burglar or a team of idiots bent on a home invasion. We view it as nothing more then having plans for a fire or tornado and live life accordingly.

gcart2
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
well its awesome your kids are that mature. seems like your doin something right as a pappy :p

Pappy
04-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, I geuss I learned from expierence.

When i was growing up, I had full access to the firearms, of all types. I could field strip a M-16 by the time I was 12.

BUT...I wasnt allowed to handle pistols. They were off limits. And teh second my dad would leave, geuss where I was! Yup...checking out what wasnt allowed. So when i had kids, I figured the best approach was to take the mystery out of it...all of it. No matter how busy I was or what I was doing, if one of my kids wanted to see a gun, I stopped what I was doing and went and got that particuliar firearm and we discussed what ever needed to be discussed.

Now, I can take off my sidearm and leave it anywhere and it will not be touched by anyone in this house and if it needs to be moved, permission is asked. Cody is 15, and he will still ask for permission to clean a firearm or handle one even when he has the key to his own gun safe.

I have simply added hunting and personal defense to the knowldge they have as it all works together.

05LSR250R
04-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Everyone take note on what PAPPY has said! Thats the way I was raised and thats the way I raised my two children! Way to go Pappy! You did it the right way!

ben300
04-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I've been waiting for you to chime in... Do you happen to know the make or model of a 12 gauge total length is like 18" long maybe even shorter. It holds three rounds. Very, very small shot-gun. ???

if the barrel is shorter than 18", its illegal in the US....Its a felony to have one....but here are lots of personal defense shotuns that have realllyreally short barrels

ben300
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Id check Mossberg for that. They tend to offer alot in the way of "Defense" shotguns.

On the cheap, folks buy the Mossberg with the 2 barrel combo (regular barrel and the slug barrel as its alot shorter) You can send a load of 00 down a hallway just fine through the slug barrel and its short enough to be usefull in a narrow corridor.

Federal law prevents any barrells on a shotgun less then 18 1/4 inch in length.

i agree, the mosberg reg barrel/ slug barrel combo is a excellent buy. im not a mosberg fan, but that is definitally a good purchase when buying a shot gun for everythign.....super economical, and is definitally multi purpose

mod440ex
04-01-2009, 02:29 PM
i would hate to drop 2500 on that thing, it is a nice gun though

mod440ex
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
i had a mossberg that was a turkey gun and it had a 20 in barrel with tru glo sites. it was a perfect size for home defense. now i just have my ak:devil:

motoguy450r
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
i agree with PAPPY, i was raised around guns and assault weapons, family owned a gun shop and army surplus store, my kids have been raised around them, its all in the respect you teach your kids to have for them.

zwark
04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ben300
if the barrel is shorter than 18", its illegal in the US....Its a felony to have one....but here are lots of personal defense shotuns that have realllyreally short barrels

for close range shots with wide spread, to blow somebody up :devil:

440racer66
08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
There was a drum beside it and regular looking clip (like an AK would take) It looked like an M-16 or something like that but was a 12 guage