PDA

View Full Version : ECA Bearing Carrier on ebay.. any good?

MX450
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
ECA has a billet bearing carrier on ebay for 108 shipped, anyone use one of these?? Worth the savings or should i just go with a lsr or rpm?

venom450r
03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I haven't had any problems w/ mine.

Ty's400
03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
I got one and it seems to be ok for the price. Had a hard time getting the snap ring on for the brake stay, as I think the groove for the ring was too large of diameter. I preferably would rather have a new stock or Baldwin as they use a steel sleeve in the middle of the carrier.

d3ktrix
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
They are horrible, do ur self a favor and buy a real carrier.

First one they sent me was folded on the end because they sent it in a box with NO padding what so ever.

Second one they sent me was for a 400ex.

Third one they sent me blew the sprocket side bearing on the third lap at the MX track on its first ride.

Fourth one lasted about 2-3 months until the sprocket side went out again.

The bearings in these things are so cheap that when u try to pop the bearings out to replace them the ball bearings literally SPLIT IN HALF and the center race falls out. Leaving the outer race almost impossible to get out unless u cut it.

Happened to both of the ECA carriers that I tried to rebuild. Even heated the carrier so the bearings would slide out easier.
I had no problem rebuilding the OEM carrier which I keep as a spare now.

The OEM carrier lasted 2 years in my bike and I've had an RPM in there for a while now.

Though East Coast did stand behind their product the whole time. They paid for shipping both ways when they sent me the wrong/damaged carriers and replaced the 1 that blew out fast. So props to them.

Originally posted by Ty's400
I preferably would rather have a new stock or Baldwin as they use a steel sleeve in the middle of the carrier.

The ECA carrier also uses a sleeve in the center, I think pretty much all ball bearing carriers do.

racerx573
04-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Go with a PRP. They are reasonably priced.

But if you REALLY want a carrier that will hold up to some abuse go with an RPM or RAD tapered carrier.

Tapered will last 3 times as long as any standard twin row.

jpfmotors
04-01-2009, 06:46 AM
I have had nothing but bad luck with the eca carrier in my bike i had a stock axle and had to grind down the sproket hub to make it fit. also the bearings also lasted only a few months and had to replace them to much hassel. now have a rpm with tapered bearing it the best way to go never have to by bearing again just repack them.

MX450
04-01-2009, 09:48 AM
looks like ill be getting an rpm.. thanks guys for the input