PDA

View Full Version : Conficker

justin1022
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
you guys hear about this virus? i was just watching the news and they said that Microsoft put out a 250,000 prize for someone to tell them who made the virus i herd that tomorrow the guy who made it is going to tell the virus to give him stuff ahd it will get like credit ard numbers and stuff off of the computers it infected. also herd it uses the computer it infected to send out spam to people to infect more people i thought it was pretty neat the guy who made it must be pretty smart.

<DRS>GPF
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
clean out the cookies etc. from your temporary internet files, clean out the winows temp folder and the problem is solved..

youll just need to remember your passwords, etc to online sites..

mittman
03-31-2009, 06:12 PM
yeah I read about it on yahoo. It said you most likely wont get it if you have windows update working properly and have a good anti virus program

justin1022
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
ya they said its been infecting computers for just under a year so if you've been updating your anti virus ect. for a year you should be good. ha on my news they were flipping out they were like this isn't some kid in the bottom of his moms basement trying to impress his friends this guy is probably one of the smartest guys in the world the virus he created is the most advanced piece of technology out ha.

JForestZ34
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Just get a Mac and your problem is solved.. :o

James

justin1022
03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
i want one but dad wont buy one yet i don't no why. im sure there is still viruses for them too.

03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
clean out the cookies etc. from your temporary internet files, clean out the winows temp folder and the problem is solved..

youll just need to remember your passwords, etc to online sites..

i do that every night, dont forget about disk cleanup and defragmenter. I just dont like junk stored on my computer.

Pappy
03-31-2009, 11:20 PM
I just rebooted...only problem i've found is that the boobs on my Pam Anderson background seem ....just a wee bit smaller:( Damn virusus:mad:

Alberta_Qaudin
04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
there is a VERY easy way to tell if you have this virus, it is as simple as typing in a web address to norton/mcafee/ect. if you have the virus it will not allow you to browse to sites of major anti virus companies if you can see their web pages you are safe

scuzz
04-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
there is a VERY easy way to tell if you have this virus, it is as simple as typing in a web address to norton/mcafee/ect. if you have the virus it will not allow you to browse to sites of major anti virus companies if you can see their web pages you are safe

this is only true for 1% (guestimate) of the viruses out there.

beaker1214
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
this is only true for 1% (guestimate) of the viruses out there.
True, this one is correct though....here is a list of what the virus will do though.....Which if you have it your prolly going to know haha

• Deactivates Windows Security Center notifications
• Prevents restart in Safe Mode
• Prevents Windows Defender from running at system startup
• Deletes all system restore points
• Disables various error-reporting and security services
• Terminates over twenty security-related processes
• Blocks DNS queries
• Blocks access to security and antivirus websites
• And, to top it all off, Conficker.C can choose from a list of 500 domains to contact out of a pool of 50,000 (way up from Conficker.B's 32 out of 250).

As for Macs they are immune to this as far as I know....but there is plenty of stuff out there for them too:ermm:

meankfx
04-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds crazy

AbnMP13
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I just rebooted...only problem i've found is that the boobs on my Pam Anderson background seem ....just a wee bit smaller:( Damn virusus:mad:

Get glasses Pappy, they didn't shrink....