PDA

View Full Version : Registration

2k300EX
12-29-2002, 07:57 PM
I have a few questions about ATV registration...
First, How much does it cost...per year...or what ever the time interval is?
Next, what does it take to obtain a registration? Is there any sort of vehicle inspection?
What benefits does a registration offer?
I'm sorry if these questions are kind of basic...But I am pretty new to ATV'ing.

Thanks, and Ride Hard!

Quadracer5
12-29-2002, 08:01 PM
I don't know about where you live, but here in indiana its $6 for 3 years. That makes you legal for county road riding in most counties. And that's registration with the department of natural resources.

Kyle

Honda2003
12-29-2002, 08:20 PM
here in ohio its $8-10 for 3 years i think. (have not registered). i just got to take my title to the DMV and get the OHIO sticker for it. may do it next week.

killed300ex
12-30-2002, 06:33 AM
well it all depends on were u live holy crap you guys got raelly cheap registrations around here last year it was like 35 bucks and now its 58 bucks to go from june to june it sucked the first year i rode got the quad in november and had to pay 35 bucks to register the guad untill june when i had to register it for anoter year i hate this state barly any legel riding close to me and i pay up the rear end i cant wait till i get out of my hosue im not gonna register the dam thing lol its a waste of money you dont have to have it to ride anywere so i dont even know why people do it i anly do it cause my parents force me to
lol
killed

12-30-2002, 06:09 PM
In Michigan Registration is 14$ for 2 years. The benefits are if you get pulled over You wont get a ticket:D

roostin_dale
01-01-2003, 06:07 PM
i dont think you have to in illinois...we dont. But up in Wisconsin its like 80 bucks a year:eek:

jesshamner
01-02-2003, 01:48 AM
Do you have to put those numbers on your quad or is there like some sort of notarized card or something that you have to carry?

Quadracer5
01-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Yes, there's a card you have to carry. And you also have to put the numbers on both sides of the front half of your atv. Supposed to be visible, but you can get away with a little. As long as they are on there you are safe.

Kyle

Rip_Tear
01-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Thats crazy.. having to pay at all... I registered my quad, no charge.... They didnt charge me for plates or anything... It cost my $35 to change ownership... but that was it.