PDA

View Full Version : How much can you get in trouble for.....

jesseweaver
03-31-2009, 05:01 PM
say i bought an old beater car to run in like fields and stuff. what would happen if i got caught on the road with it? (no insurance, inspection, title.....) my friend just bought an old saab for $150 and it runs good. and i can get a good deal on a beater car so i was thinking about gettin one to have some fun with.

btw, i live in pa

TGW_400ex
03-31-2009, 05:04 PM
I would imagine you'd be in some trouble.

Dupontster
03-31-2009, 05:05 PM
None as long as you dont get caught:D

lonnie1977
03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Your driver license would most likely get suspended and probably at least a grand in fines if caught on a public road. On private do what ever you want though.

03-31-2009, 05:09 PM
I got pulled over with no insurance, no registration sticker, and no proof of any thing and nothing happen. But I don't think you need insurance in my state.

03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
lame you should have bought a GEO :D lol beater cars are awesome though. A couple of my friends and I have plans for a beater. It has to be a Geo. We like the metro but the tracker would be funny as hell too. Everything stripped that isnt needed just a roll cage and 1 or 2 good 5 point harness race seats. Just open intake manifold and the exhaust just the holes out of the block haha. Bascially we want to jump it and then roll it hardcore. Might be a few hundred bucks for some fun to beat something but how often do you get to do that just buy a car and beat it till it dies. It has to be manual so we can dump the clutch and eventually go from like top of 3rd gear to 1st haha. I cant wait. Idk what to do about the registration and not getting caught part. Guess just look legit lol throw an old tag on there and dont act stupid until you get on back roads with nobody around.

mittman
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I think it would depend on the town you live in. I live in pa and If we got caught we would prob get a warning just because I know the cop. I would imagine suspended license and some fines. Beaters are great to have my friend and I have a 93 Nissan d21 4cyl 5 speed

zukirules
03-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Depends on ur state, but most likely suspended license and fines, not to mention jail time until u post bond. It's not worth it. if you get one, keep it at a friends house who owns a farm

wvspeedfreak
03-31-2009, 06:33 PM
I am sure it varies from state to state but in WV it is an automatic 15 days in jail for driving without insurance.

TWISTED
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I am sure it varies from state to state but in WV it is an automatic 15 days in jail for driving without insurance.

It should be.......

250x_kyle
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
no inspection is 150 dollar fine in pa. no insurance is a big no no in pa. get it to a friends field and keep i there.

derekhonda
03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
It would probably be worth it to me to just go rent a tow dolly from uhaul for like 40 bucks, if you dont have a car trailer already.

03-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
no inspection is 150 dollar fine in pa.

FL FTW! No state inspections, I love it

JForestZ34
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
I would say it all depends on how much of a prick you get pulling you over.. I wouldn't chance it because most likely he will throw the book at you.

James

reptikes
03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
You'll get fines, and the car towed. Unless your a good talker, Just tell him you were taking it from A - B to work on it.

Warnerade
03-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I would say it all depends on how much of a prick you get pulling you over.. I wouldn't chance it because most likely he will throw the book at you.

James exactly. With the way the economy is now most cops are being very leniant on that kind of stuff. Couple of people I know lately have been pulled over with no insurance, and one had expired tags...its no secret that its getting rough out there, and when the choice comes to it...insurance or groceries....everyones goin with groceries. So if you get pulled over, just explain its all you can afford and you should be alright

Jblazin98
03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
say i bought an old beater car to run in like fields and stuff. what would happen if i got caught on the road with it? (no insurance, inspection, title.....) my friend just bought an old saab for $150 and it runs good. and i can get a good deal on a beater car so i was thinking about gettin one to have some fun with.

btw, i live in pa

No inspection with cost you 25 plus costs so 109.50
No registration will cost at least 159.50 unless they write you for the other section
No insurance will cost you 384.50

plus automatic license suspension for 60 days for no insurance.

There are numerous tickets that u could get if they cop felf like it. Those are just a few.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-01-2009, 12:11 AM
I dont wanna sound like a d*ck or nothing but.. with the consequence of getting in any kind of trouble with the law, why even consider?

csr250r
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Find a buddy with a car trailer and haul it. Also you need number plates to have a legit beater :rolleyes: .

extremeblastr
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
i'm not sure if it is every one or not but most states have a period of time after purchase that you can move the vehicle without insurance or reg......

quadbod
04-02-2009, 12:43 AM
So, you have no insurance and you run someone over (a child maybe?) and they are seriously hurt or killed, what then?

SPDSNYPR
04-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Here in OK:

No insurance = automatic license suspension
No veh registration = automatic impound of vehicle until fines paid and registration updated (you pay the impound and storage fees)

The fines differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but are going to be pricey. But just the suspended license and impound fees are going to be crazy expensive. Just not worth it.