PDA

View Full Version : anybody go with the cheaper battery?

rollie
03-31-2009, 01:46 PM
at my dealer they have a $130 battery and a $55 battery the oone for 130 is from honda but aside from that is there any real differnce? cranking amps anything like that?

Scro
03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
As long as they are the same part number (something like YTZ7S), they should be the same cranking amps. I'm running two of the cheaper batteries (not honda), and haven't had any trouble at all out of them.

BuB400
03-31-2009, 03:29 PM
I always ran Yuasa batteries and have 0 complaints. Bought an off brand from Batteries plus one time and it didn't last a year.

03-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
I always ran Yuasa batteries and have 0 complaints. Bought an off brand from Batteries plus one time and it didn't last a year.

Yuasa is the stock battery for the 450R is it not? Check service Honda. Off brand batteries do suck my bro bought 1 and it lasted 2 months and it only had a 1 month warranty lol SOL

dpizz450
03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't get the battery from a stealership. Get the part number off your battery and bring it to napa, O reilly, pep boys, or anywhere like that and you can find one just as good for probably cheaper then 55 bucks! let us know where you get it! I actually recall a little while back reading somewhere pep boys had great deals on 450R batteries??

hondaracing_13
04-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Just ordered the cheep one form Rocky Mtn ATV for $54.00. It has a 1 YR warranty.

rollie
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
I wouldn't get the battery from a stealership. Get the part number off your battery and bring it to napa, O reilly, pep boys, or anywhere like that and you can find one just as good for probably cheaper then 55 bucks! let us know where you get it! I actually recall a little while back reading somewhere pep boys had great deals on 450R batteries??

i get real good discounts at my dealership, the prices i posted where before my discount

support those who support you:)

Jake250ex
04-05-2009, 08:20 AM
you guys can go ahead and start laughing... but heres my story

So a few weeks ago I was about to start getting my bike ready for my XC race on sunday, so I ppull my bike out and try to fire it up and the stock battery is dead like usual. So I throw it on the charger and left it for the several hours I worked on my quad. At the end of the night, got it all back together and hit the start button and it cranked over twice real slow and.... dead again. At this point its midnight and I have to be up in about 6 hours to go to a race, so Im thinking WTF. I grabbed my battery and ran down to wal mart and started looking at their lawn mower baterries. I match up the smalles one they had so it would fit in my battery tray, its about the same legnth and about 3 inches shroter in height than the stocker. I take it home, put the acid in it, charge it and go to bed with a skeptical feeling. Woke up the next morning, pulled off the charger and BANG fired quciker than ever! I actually accidentally left my key on the whole way to the race with my nuetral light... and a first ever holeshot still. I think its an Ever Start, it was $35.

anyway thats my way too long story about my cheap battery