PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ballance........

scottwvu
03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I read in Quad magazine that he is facing "serious" health issues. Anybody know what's up with him?:confused:

hondariderdylan
03-31-2009, 01:01 PM
i read that in mine too

wonder whats up

03-31-2009, 01:25 PM
I heard something about his ribs..?

It's a shame.. he's my favorite racer.

spanky101
03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Best wishes to Bill with whatever is happening!!

smr
03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
he is having some compications from the broken ribs last year. Don't worry, he will be back to normal soon.

hondariderdylan
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
yepp

quad said that too in the same article

QuadJunkies
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by scottwvu
I read in Quad magazine that he is facing "serious" health issues. Anybody know what's up with him?:confused:
I read this today myself and Im sure all Bills fans are wondering the same thing,but on the flip side ...
I also respect his privacy as well and IF for any reason it is serious, I hope he is on the road to a full recovery ans is back out doing what he loves soon.

hondariderdylan
04-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I read this today myself and Im sure all Bills fans are wondering the same thing,but on the flip side ...
I also respect his privacy as well and IF for any reason it is serious, I hope he is on the road to a full recovery ans is back out doing what he loves soon.

i agree

and i say if hes tough enough to dominate for a decade, a few ribs should be nothing to him

scottwvu
04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Not to push the issue, but "messed up" ribs are not what I would consider a "serious health issue". I was under the impression it was, well, SERIOUS. I don't recall the article saying anything about ribs.....:ermm:

Pappy
04-01-2009, 09:35 AM
When Bill wants more info or detailed info released, he will release it. He is still in pain, easy to see after the race at Steele Creek, but working his way back to the top of the heap.

smr
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Not to push the issue, but "messed up" ribs are not what I would consider a "serious health issue". I was under the impression it was, well, SERIOUS. I don't recall the article saying anything about ribs.....:ermm:

Did nobody read my post. He is having complecations from the rib injury. It is much worse than "messed up ribs" I'm sure it will come out soon enough.

05LSR250R
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by smr
Did nobody read my post. He is having complecations from the rib injury. It is much worse than "messed up ribs" I'm sure it will come out soon enough. I read your post and I am thinkin along those lines. I hate to speculate but maybe he has an infection in the area of that surgery?

Eviltanker
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Hope he has a speedy recovery no matter what his health issue is. I wish him well.

54warrior
04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Hope he has a speedy recovery no matter what his health issue is. I wish him well.

That's the most important thing. Get Well Soon!

hondariderdylan
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
That's the most important thing. Get Well Soon!

agreed:)

gibson133
04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
they had to REMOVE 2 or 3 ribs.. if that isnt serious then i dunno what your smoking. if you didnt know, ribs protect you, and without 2-3 then its serious

coryatver
04-02-2009, 08:26 AM
If your read on Gnccracing.com in there articles they interviewed him and he has said he had to have 3 of his ribs removed from a complication from a rib injury last year becuase of an infection. hopefully that is what quad magazine meant by his serious health issue and not something else.

JackA450r
04-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Bill announced at the beginning of the season at Florida what the complication was. He announced it while doing an interview with Racer Productions, but I do not believe it is my right to tell his tale. After hearing what he said I can only say :eek2: and hope he gets better soon

Flynbryan19
04-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JackA450r
Bill announced at the beginning of the season at Florida what the complication was. He announced it while doing an interview with Racer Productions, but I do not believe it is my right to tell his tale. After hearing what he said I can only say :eek2: and hope he gets better soon

If he announced it to every soul at the race I doubt he feels its much of a secret.

JackA450r
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Its not a secret to everyone that was at the Triton but they probably feel the same way and do not want to tell. We will let Bill do a press release about it.

scottwvu
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by gibson133
they had to REMOVE 2 or 3 ribs.. if that isnt serious then i dunno what your smoking. if you didnt know, ribs protect you, and without 2-3 then its serious

I did not know that he had 2 or 3 ribs removed or I would not have asked.

Why the heck is everybody so grouchy?

04-02-2009, 06:14 PM

This sites been going down hill for a while now. Between all the new guys, and people always being harsh, criticizing, and jumpy, nobody knows how to joke around or get along with each other on here anymore.

Theres still a good few people though, the reason I stay around lol.

QuadJunkies
04-03-2009, 12:41 AM

Who said anyone was grouchy?? Maybe your the one grouchy. :o

I only get grouchy on here when someone accuses me of being grouchy.
dammit.. now Im grouchy! lol
J/K:p

jcv400ex
04-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Yeah for real. If he annouces it at a race to everyone there....then what the heck is the big deal????

This is like my sister'brotherinlaw'sniece'sbabysister'sbrother'ss tepfather seen the new Honda 500ex at the dunes yesterday....but I can't tell you about it....

Quad18star
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Who said anyone was grouchy?? Maybe your the one grouchy. :o

I only get grouchy on here when someone accuses me of being grouchy.
dammit.. now Im grouchy! lol
J/K:p

You're always grouchy ... GROUCH !!!! I'm gunna start calling you Oscar. :devil:

prepracing
04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
same post was over on Q.u.a.d.z.o.n.e. and here is a response from Bill Ballance
"Ballance Response
First of all id like to thank everyone for their concern and support and all the fans at the races cheering me on it helps allot.. Nothing to hide ,over the winter break bout 5 weeks before Florida i was heading to the shop , coughed and a rib broke, went and raced a midsouth that weekend it got to hurting worse so i went to get x-ray . Which showed something abnormal, wound up going to surgery and it turned out to be a tumor that looked cancerous so the decision was made to take all precautions and take out the normal margins that involved a rib above and below ,the rib it was attached to. They put n a kevlar type material for protection and now its a matter of getting healed up and getting back to winning some races! Things r getting better every week but still not fully back but maybe we can turn that 3rd at the last race into a 1st this weekend anyway.... And Lord willn the test i will have to do n a couple months comes back clear. AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE .. "

04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
same post was over on Q.u.a.d.z.o.n.e. and here is a response from Bill Ballance
"Ballance Response
First of all id like to thank everyone for their concern and support and all the fans at the races cheering me on it helps allot.. Nothing to hide ,over the winter break bout 5 weeks before Florida i was heading to the shop , coughed and a rib broke, went and raced a midsouth that weekend it got to hurting worse so i went to get x-ray . Which showed something abnormal, wound up going to surgery and it turned out to be a tumor that looked cancerous so the decision was made to take all precautions and take out the normal margins that involved a rib above and below ,the rib it was attached to. They put n a kevlar type material for protection and now its a matter of getting healed up and getting back to winning some races! Things r getting better every week but still not fully back but maybe we can turn that 3rd at the last race into a 1st this weekend anyway.... And Lord willn the test i will have to do n a couple months comes back clear. AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE .. "

Thats awesome to hear!

ATC_KING
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
i wish bill the best of luck gncc is nothing without the old man haha lol jk i always look and hope VS has gncc on but never have time to keep up with the racing i could only wish to go to a real race