PDA

View Full Version : easy tricks

TC17
12-29-2002, 06:58 PM
this morning i went out riding and the jump was perfect. so i started some little tricks. i did a Nac Nac(big one that i hurt my back on), no hander landers, Saran wrap, little tail whip, and point back. it was fun. not big stuff just little fun stuff. is there any other stuff i can do? if i become any good at racing and win, i want to have a winning trick.

i hurt my back on the Nac Nac cause i was getting like 4 feet high and only 10 long. the Nac Nac itself was good it was extended good but my foot was level with the seat when i landed and i laned really hard. the force from landing went up my back and hurt. oh well. i want to start some tricks. i can't do no footers though. my coordination is horrible! i can't get my feet up. do you guys have any ideas of easy tricks? i like point back for winning trick.

roostin_dale
12-29-2002, 07:19 PM
may i suggest aftermarket shocks or a more high performance quad.....it will make freestyle much easier because you can jump higher;)

Lets see some pics of your nac nac

Ryan
12-29-2002, 07:21 PM
Backflip.

Maybe a heel clicker, . Other stupid stuff like no hander, no footer and no hander landing, Or Spilt X/Nothing

Nausty
12-29-2002, 07:25 PM
lol, when you learn no footers just keep taking it farther and farthing until well its a "superfooter" lol and then you can start trying to move your legs towards your arms and then floating away from the seat and then your almost to a heel clicker. lol forgot to mention today was my first day out since I broke my collar bone and I was jumping that jump in the picture learning tricks again getting my confidence up. Kinda sucks that the jump I use for tricks is all rutted up but its still a fun track. I just wish I could have a decent jump to learn tricks on sometimes. Once you can do a no footer and a no hander take another hand off and then once you got that down do a no footer to no hander lander until you can get a nothing. Then other than a heel clicker, can can, nothings and no foot can's to side saddle thats all i can do. I find that when most people say they can do nac nacs they are more like 1 footers with there foot back farther than usual so I tend not to beleive em' unless they post other pics to back up their riding.

TC17
12-29-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I find that when most people say they can do nac nacs they are more like 1 footers with there foot back farther than usual so I tend not to beleive em' unless they post other pics to back up their riding.

oh. well then you could say it was a one footed superman i guess. but i put my foot back like a superman but only one. and i brought my foot over from the side to straight back and then out to the side and back. i don't have any pics. i wasn't riding with anyone this morning. i'll get pics this night or in the morning. my parents just went out this morning and dropped my film off.

12-29-2002, 08:02 PM
heres a list of tricks i wont do cuz they look dumb

nac nac, 1 fter, 1 hander, no hander-ill pull it as a combo only

i havent tried a no footed nac yet but no footed can can is fun, the coolest feeling trick by far is a superman ive been doin no footed seat grabs but im gonna have to cut holes to extend it ne more, ill hopefully post some pics soon

Juggalo
12-29-2002, 11:07 PM
no footed can cans are easy. i suggest practicing them on the ground to get the feeling and then try it in the air.

Nausty
12-29-2002, 11:53 PM
lol I knew you were gonna post that picture, lol i would too it was me. But yah jug I got the feel for them and I can do them on the ground with ease its just since I broke my collarbone I need to build up my confidence and now I don't have many good jumps to do it on unless its on the big one in my sig oh yah and another reason i'm affraid to try over bigger jumps is cuz i'm a wuss.:eek:

RIDER11X
12-30-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
no footed can cans are easy. i suggest practicing them on the ground to get the feeling and then try it in the air.

Lookin' at your pic, all I can say is "your crazy!!!!". I will be sticking to my bicycle to wheelie freestyle routine to clear the airspace for guys like you! Nice ridin'!:D :cool:

400grl
12-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Cooolll!!! I just learned how to do no-footers yesterday at the track! I was just doing some little ones....but it's easy. I just wait till the quad is completely lifted and as soon as I start to feel like I'm floating....off come the feet! :D I don't do big ones yet, but it's cool that I got the feel of it! I was doing them off of any jump I could find out there just to get the hang of the whole timing thing!

flyin#5
12-30-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX

oh. well then you could say it was a one footed superman i guess. but i put my foot back like a superman but only one. and i brought my foot over from the side to straight back and then out to the side and back. i don't have any pics. i wasn't riding with anyone this morning. i'll get pics this night or in the morning. my parents just went out this morning and dropped my film off.

i do those all the time when im trying supermans. we like to call it a half man but sometimes my friends call it a "superwoman" lol

Juggalo
12-30-2002, 10:51 AM
man nausty that sucks i didn't know you hurt yourself. of course you know me, liking to show off at every little opportunity lol. riderx11- nothin wrong with bicycle or wheelie freestyle, i love that stuff and i do it all the time too, its fun.

Ryan
12-30-2002, 10:55 AM
Juggalo, I gotta get myself one of them jumps instead of trying to pull supermans from 2 inches off the ground :huh . How much did that ramp cost ya? Sweet pictures, give me a week on that ramp and i'll show you how to freestyle ;) :huh

12-30-2002, 12:29 PM
I can do the booger picker and a no footer..:blah

K_Fulk
12-30-2002, 12:40 PM
I dont really jump that far either i will only do no footers.

Nausty
12-30-2002, 02:17 PM
lol, here it is guys, I call it... the super footer.

http://www.links.exriders.com/albums/album20/test_3_001.sized.jpg

12-30-2002, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nausty
[B]lol, here it is guys, I call it... the super footer.

nausty did you take ballet as a youth,,cuz your doin the splits and most guys can't..:confused: :huh :eek:

Nausty
12-30-2002, 02:44 PM
lol, it suprized me too when i saw that pic and I honestly don't think I could do it again and I think I kinda hurt myself when i did that trying to show off for the camera.

LilGuyOn400ex
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
my first ever nacnac i know its not to good but at least i tried

Nausty
12-30-2002, 03:32 PM
lil guy your nac nac is pretty good you just need to add a lil style to it and it will look ever better but its pretty good imo.

bluebaron
12-30-2002, 04:27 PM
thats a nac nac:rolleyes: i thought you had to get your leg all the way to the outher side

Nausty
12-30-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by banshee_ex07
thats a nac nac:rolleyes: i thought you had to get your leg all the way to the outher side

hey post some pics of some better ones then and show him how its done:rolleyes: if he could bring his foot back a little further and add some style to it I think it would look great.

bluebaron
12-30-2002, 05:54 PM
heres one,no quad but you get the idea--- i m sure it would be great if he did,

12-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Who's ta say he didn't have the mofo wipped around there like Jeremy McGrath and the person taken the pic didn't get a good shot of em!!!!

Nausty
12-30-2002, 06:00 PM
lol its so easy to whip a quad around like that huh? Granted his isn't the nicest nac nac but I think its pretty nice for being on a quad and I just wanted to be nice.

bluebaron
12-30-2002, 06:35 PM
ok im sorry that is a vary nice nac nac, thats a good nac for a first tri

Ex_Rider43
12-30-2002, 08:02 PM
tell me how to do double cans or no footed cans... I wnat to try it tomorrow

12-30-2002, 08:17 PM
unfortunately this is the only pic i have of me doin a trick

Nausty
12-30-2002, 08:22 PM
heres a clearer avator for you freeride

12-30-2002, 08:34 PM
thanks man, how did u do that

Nausty
12-30-2002, 08:36 PM
I used irfanview and you can get it at irfanview.com and its great for going through images in a file because you just have to hit the arrows and makes cropping, resizing and changing formats easy.

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 08:45 PM
hey you guys are lucky to get that much air haha thats awesome i can do a nac nac no hander lander point back bar kneel coradova no footer rodeo i try a nothing once and started floating off the quad haha

Nausty
12-30-2002, 08:47 PM
lol kawasaki rider thats how I use to have to do it, I learned nothings 4ft in the air. Really teaches you how to preload too. lol can anyone do stippers or anything? I can't even get my feet through the bars whith my feet touching the handlebars.

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 08:48 PM
alot of these is when i had my mojave but some are me and my kfx but i havent had alot of oppertunities for photos of it yet

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 08:51 PM
sorry for the bluryness of some of these

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 08:52 PM
i have alot of the mojave the shocks would bottom all the time haha

12-30-2002, 08:57 PM
4 ft i learned em like 3 years ago with like 6 inches:eek: :p

Nausty
heres the poser in progress, I got a ton of pics in my quad album in my sig.

kawasaki_ridah
here is the KFX

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 09:07 PM
nice jump man i wish i had that jump i got one of me doing a coradove somewere

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 09:12 PM
did you take your heel gaurds off your ex nausty with your nerfs? and what kind are they

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 09:14 PM
these are of the other day just playing in the snow

Nausty
12-30-2002, 09:17 PM
I got ac pro peg nerfs and they are great imo. Before my dad did some work to them from me landing with my heels on them tearing the welds and bending the kick plate. They did hold up good for the amt of abuse I put on them. I would recomend them and nerfs are a good thing to have imo. First week I got my ex I ran over my foot and couldn't ride for a week:( btw what state r u from?

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
im from virginia i will buy nrefs for mine and prob a full yoshimirah pipe and silincer and maybe a k & n air filter where you from

MojaveKing
12-30-2002, 09:39 PM
well i can do tha 1 fter, No fter....no hander lander, no hander, 1 hander.....um look back!! But i am workin on um tho boyz
but for Jonny boy on tha other hand everything easy!! hes crazy!!!

hey kawasaki_ridah what all mods. u have on tha Mojave....and did u sell it???

Nausty
12-30-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
im from virginia i will buy nrefs for mine and prob a full yoshimirah pipe and silincer and maybe a k & n air filter where you from

i'm from iowa, is all I got on mine is shocks, tires, exhaust, k&n w/ outerwear, bumper, nerfs, tag x-5 bars, tether and all the other small stuff. I got hiper bead locks ordered but its taking forever and i'm running such small tires on my 9" rims that they keep coming off the bead with out the bead locks.:( Came off twice today.

ZMAN
12-30-2002, 10:16 PM
hey nausty when u said that the first week you had your ex you ran over you foot i did the same thing with my Z tryin to do a nac nac and i missed the peg but now i have nerfs and that makes it alot easire:blah

Nausty
12-30-2002, 10:25 PM
lol yah i'm so glad I got my nerfs and during a race if my foot comes off I don't have to let off the gas or anything and I can just keep it where it is until i'm in the air or on a strait away. You can also use it around trees when you can fit through then you can go up on two wheels and have the nerfs guide you around it.

roostin_dale
12-30-2002, 10:45 PM
its hard for me to learn freestyle considering that i dont have any good jumps...i have managed to pull off some good tricks tho.

BUT..i dont have the best style..lol

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 10:50 PM
yeah nerfs are great they helped alot on my mojave

12-30-2002, 11:26 PM
have ne of u guys been doing any seat grabs? i wannna get a pic of my no footed one i need to cut handholes to do anything more tho

kawasaki_ridah
12-31-2002, 06:30 PM
na man i would if i had enough air but i dont i did a super man once well i wasnt streignted out all the way thouh

Blasterkid195
01-01-2003, 08:13 AM
BULL 2003trx250ex or Anthoney. I live a block away from you and you did not get 4 feet high. 2 if that. not even close to 10 feet. The jump sucks. it's little. NO YOU DID NOT DO A NAC NAC!!!!!!!!!!

DaveEX7
01-01-2003, 08:58 AM
BUSTED!!!

BassBunny26
01-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Blasterkid195
BULL 2003trx250ex or Anthoney. I live a block away from you and you did not get 4 feet high. 2 if that. not even close to 10 feet. The jump sucks. it's little. NO YOU DID NOT DO A NAC NAC!!!!!!!!!!

number one you and your 700 pound Polaris go over the jump and it tends destroy the lip so i do only get 2 feet. you WEREN'T there when i did the nac nac cause i was getting 4 feet high. then you destroyed the lip so i couldn't show you. you NEVER saw me jumping at the track. you refused to come to my races cause you don't want to admit it can jump. i'll get pics and video this year and i'll show you. the shocks can hadle 7 foot high jumps by the way. now, you need to shut your mouth before you start knocking people.

TC17
01-01-2003, 09:11 AM
sorry. my cousin got on here. i had to switch s/ns.

TC17
01-01-2003, 09:12 AM
and btw guys, my pictures are at Wal-Mart right now getting developed and i'll put some pics up in a day or two when i get them back.

TC17
01-01-2003, 09:25 AM
my dad has a rule. "Never start a sentence with Randy said." if i do, he won't beleive me. why should he. now, i will stop if he will stop. i'm sick of him going around and telling people i can't or can do what. he can't even pull out a clutch. that is bad. now, i can stop there or i can keep going. i want to stop right here.

Juggalo
01-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by R8
Juggalo, I gotta get myself one of them jumps instead of trying to pull supermans from 2 inches off the ground :huh . How much did that ramp cost ya? Sweet pictures, give me a week on that ramp and i'll show you how to freestyle ;) :huh

it costed very little actually. we built it all our selves and got almost all the material for free.

Blasterkid195
01-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Hey Just because you have a new 4 wheeler doesn't meen you can ride better than anyone on this site. I've seen you ride. You're reckless. Just like 2 days ago when you hit your snow jump and jumped right out infront of my brothers truck. What good will a new four wheeler do you then. He should a flattened you right on the road.

Ryan
01-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Later on once im settled with a new quad and all the other bullsh#t then im gonna look into building one. My sister works at a steal company so I can get that for free, my friends got the tools and that should be it. The actual ramp that lies on the frame, is that just wood or some other stuff.

Maybe I shouldn't do it, Ill screw something up :D

TC17
01-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Blasterkid195
Hey Just because you have a new 4 wheeler doesn't meen you can ride better than anyone on this site. I've seen you ride. You're reckless. Just like 2 days ago when you hit your snow jump and jumped right out infront of my brothers truck. What good will a new four wheeler do you then. He should a flattened you right on the road.

who said i could ride better than anyone on this site? just cause i ride fast and you don't doesn't mean i'm wreckless. i saw your brother coming at the end of the road. i new he was coming. i didn't jump out in front of him, he didn't see me until i was on the road. no big deal.

TC17
01-01-2003, 06:43 PM
my dream would be to get a 4 or 5 foot high kicker. that would be so cool. but they are expensive and i have no where to put it.

kawasaki_ridah
01-01-2003, 06:49 PM
2003 250ex how does your ex's shocks handle that jump my friend use to have one and they about broke his wrists and ancles jumping but that four wheelr rode out the best wheelies i loved that thing other than the shocks it was perfect

TC17
01-01-2003, 07:29 PM
2003 250ex how does your ex's shocks handle that jump my friend use to have one and they about broke his wrists and ancles jumping but that four wheelr rode out the best wheelies i loved that thing other than the shocks it was perfect

which jump. yeah i jumped last year and spranged my wrists. i'm getting 300EX shocks as in my sig. it will jump 5 feet before bottoming. around there. maybe a little more. the snow jump at 4 feet was nice. it was a smoth landing . i'd try to land on the back and sorta manual down the landing and it would be real smoth.

Juggalo
01-01-2003, 09:58 PM
yeah the top is just wood. soon we're selling that one and we're making an even bigger one and its gonna have expanded mesh on top.

kawasaki_ridah
01-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Juggalo do you have aftermarket suspenion, and have you ever wrecked jumping big like in your photos on your page

thanx

Juggalo
01-01-2003, 10:15 PM
yeah i have a set of works but i have some buds that jump it on stock suspension. i have only wrecked bad once on that jump tryin a superman.

airheadedduner
01-01-2003, 11:45 PM
I am trying to learn some tricks but riding natural terrain it is hard to find a good jump that will loft me very well. So far I can do a nothing,almost a heelclicker(can't quite get thoose heels together). I can also stand the bike up in the air and level it, and kinda whip it. A big problem I have is riding in the sand I have to have a whip flag which gets in the way. I am currently trying to fab a new mount for it to reposition it out of the way.

Hey Nausty, how did you collor bone heal?? I was riding 4 1/2 weeks after I broke mine and it felt better the more I rode. Riding is the only thing I can do 100% anymore. I am still having problems with mine though.

Nausty
01-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner

Hey Nausty, how did you collor bone heal?? I was riding 4 1/2 weeks after I broke mine and it felt better the more I rode. Riding is the only thing I can do 100% anymore. I am still having problems with mine though.

Its healed fine except for the bone. I could of probably began riding sooner but I just didn't wanna have my parents pay the 150 for another x ray and a release so I just waited longer and played it safe. At first when I started riding it hurt but the more I rode the more I felt like normal. My shoulder never bothers me but I think more of that have to do with me having a high pain threshhold because I hardly ever notice when i get big cuts and stuff and I have to be careful after a crash to see how much i'm bleeding because big stuff doesn't always hurt me and I keep doing what i'm doing.

DirtDiggler
01-02-2003, 03:48 PM
will 300ex shocks work on a 250ex? I have a riding buddy that has a 250ex and the 300's shocks are much more plush and have a little more travel but will it screw up any of the machine's geometry? If it will work what can you get a set for?

TC17
01-02-2003, 04:58 PM
i'm getting 300 shock shocks for mine for 50 bucks and shipping. i'm not paying 300 for Works Shocks. the lowest they go is 130 pound rider and i'm 100. i'm really skinny. that's rediculous for 300 bucks. yeah they fit. you have to put on washers at the top and they fit fine.

kawasaki_ridah
01-02-2003, 10:12 PM
im paying aournd 1,000 and something for complete works

TC17
01-02-2003, 10:14 PM
im paying aournd 1,000 and something for complete works

say that a couple more times and you could have a new quad. holy crap. man that is no chump change. if you're going to pay over 1g in shocks i sure hope you use them!

Nausty
01-02-2003, 11:02 PM

say that a couple more times and you could have a new quad. holy crap. man that is no chump change. if you're going to pay over 1g in shocks i sure hope you use them!

lol don't I feel like a sucker, I spent 730 on front shocks and then 330 on rear rebuild to blow the seals twice and bending the shaft from racing and riding with no fluid in rear shock to then buying new after market elka shock for 550. I wish I never bought the stock shock rebuild it sucks imo. To stiff though the rutts and rough stuff and to soft on the "big" jumps.

roostin_dale
01-02-2003, 11:18 PM

lol...if you want a nice quad it will cost you a shiny penny bud!

LilGuyOn400ex
01-02-2003, 11:30 PM
im not to good at the hole freestyle thing im more of a moto x kinda guy... i know its not one of the best because it was the first one i ever tried but oh well

01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
2003TRX250EX I might get a set of works shocks for the front for $185 on ebay they have around 10 hours of riding on them.

440exnacsracer
01-03-2003, 10:36 PM
my friend tried a nac nac and lifted both feet up and tried to get them back on the pegs and he ended up in a superman position and couldnt get back so he landed in that position....and he didnt have on a helment. he hit his cheek on the master cylinder and bruised him up pretty good...but he deserved it. lol

CHAUNCY
01-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
my friend tried a nac nac and lifted both feet up and tried to get them back on the pegs and he ended up in a superman position and couldnt get back so he landed in that position....and he didnt have on a helment. he hit his cheek on the master cylinder and bruised him up pretty good...but he deserved it. lol

Did he break anything ???

roostin_dale
01-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer

thats dumb...trying freestyle with no helmet!!:huh

or just riding with no helmet is dumb!

TC17
01-04-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by quad_freak14

thats dumb...trying freestyle with no helmet!!:huh

or just riding with no helmet is dumb!

yeah it is dumb. we just got like 6 inches of snow. so my neighbor got out his snow plow and made us another jump. it was unreal. i was hitting it fast. i just hit it i'd get 4, 4 1/2 feet high and it was just stay there and sorta float. i had HUGE airtime. it was so weird. it was everything was in complete slow motion. so i did a double saran wrap. it was pretty cool.

i let my neighbor on my bros 90 and he's 8. he came flying over the jump got no air and hit me head on doing about 15. he scratched up my bumer and gave me a big jolt. and he pushed back the bumper on the front an inch or two. AH! good reason you shouldn't let people ride your four wheelers.

ZMAN
01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
i've done some stupid stuf but i think ot wearing a helmet while riding is the dumbest thing i've heard there was a story on here once about a guy who just wanted to take his 400 for a spin one night and ended up gettin hurt real bad because he wasnt werrin a helmet and especially if your doin tricks:(

GUYS WEAR YOUR HELMETS:grr

kawasaki_ridah
01-04-2003, 10:21 PM
yeah that is pretty dumb ppl die alot from that

01-04-2003, 10:54 PM
so where the heck are these pics we been hearing about of the nac nac?

TC17
01-04-2003, 11:01 PM
my friend wasn't there to take the pic of the nac nac. it was more of a one footed superman than a nac nac. actually that could be a new trick. and it's called half stack i guess. i don't have a pic of that. in fact, the tricks i did do for the camera sucked. but i will have the pics in a few days. i haven't been out near Wal-Mart lately so i'll go out tom and drop them off. i have a no hander. no footer one hander. that reminds me. i can't do a saran wrap. i thought a saran wrap was half of a nothing.

01-04-2003, 11:31 PM
oh...i thought u said u dropped the film off and u would have it ....

kawasaki_ridah
01-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MojaveKing
well i can do tha 1 fter, No fter....no hander lander, no hander, 1 hander.....um look back!! But i am workin on um tho boyz
but for Jonny boy on tha other hand everything easy!! hes crazy!!!

hey kawasaki_ridah what all mods. u have on tha Mojave....and did u sell it???

It was a 2002 mojave it had kawasaki nerfs, fog lights on the front fenders, white bors e series, and a k and n power kit and i traded it in for the KFX 400

TC17
02-16-2003, 07:51 PM
i got the pics back finally. the were horrible:mad: :grr

my friends can't take good pics. o well. i'll be at the track in a month anyway to get pics.

Blasterkid195
02-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey we all know I can't take pics. The ones you took weren't that great and neither were mine so were even. Hey thanks for admiting that you didn't do a saran wrap. the wanna be nac nac I didn't see, but off of that little jump I don't think would be enough air. Maybe, I said MAYBE, I might go to the track with you and watch you jump or do tricks.

2fastandfurious
02-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Awesome pics guys. I love those air tricks. I gotta get some bigger ramps by me first before I go for that kind of stuff!

DaveEX7
02-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 01 250ex
I might get a set of works shocks for the front for $185 on ebay they have around 10 hours of riding on them.

I talked to Colby@C&DRacing and he says I can get mine for $295 brand new:D !!

Thats for the fronts, but the rear is like $400

DaveEX7
02-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Speaking of snow jumps..... my friend has a back-hoe (sp.?), and I'm going up his house with the 250 on sat.-sun. , and were gonna build us a course cause he already has jumps built for the sled, but they can be used for the quads too, now we just gotta find a line to take.

If he has a camera, I'll get a few pics maybe and show them here.

BlazingYamahaYz
02-19-2003, 06:47 PM
heres a picture of ben doing a 1 footer, hes done no footers before, and no handers, but we dont have many pics of it...btw i made the jump, its only like 3-3-1/2 feet tall, and about 4 feet wide, i dug a hole behind the ramp and built it up that way...then the cops told the owners of the field to put a no tresspassing sign on the property, they did and yelled at me, then i had a friend rip all of them outta the ground:devil thye havent been back since:D

tants
03-11-2003, 06:18 PM
bump