PDA

View Full Version : axcel lock nut

alberto
03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
I really chewed up my axcel lock nut when I removed it to replace the bearing carrier a few weeks back. I checked my local honda dealer and another local shop and a replacement OEM with everything would run me 30-40. R.A.D makes an aftermarket nut that runs from 40-50 is anyone out there using this on a stock axcel? Will it even work? My bearing carrier is from MODQUAD does anyone know if they make this part? Thanks ahead for any input.:)

Colby@C&DRacing
03-31-2009, 09:19 AM
rad makes a nice axle nut it is what we use on aftermarket and stock axles

coryatver
03-31-2009, 09:30 AM
ask in the classifieds for a take off or used one. 400ex and 450r are the same. I got a brand new take off one for 10 bucks.

Lonestar_R
03-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I always ran an anti fade nut on my quads. In fact I have a brand new LSR one here for a 400EX. I bought a 400EX with a RAD locknut on it and it is just as nice and much cheaper than an anti fade nut. They both do the same thing and I will use a RAD from now on

NacsMXer
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I always ran an anti fade nut on my quads. In fact I have a brand new LSR one here for a 400EX. I bought a 400EX with a RAD locknut on it and it is just as nice and much cheaper than an anti fade nut. They both do the same thing and I will use a RAD from now on

Same, I use the RADLOC axle nut as well. Works on stock and aftermarket axles but you will need to reuse your stock threaded collar that the stock axle nut previously threaded onto. Much easier to deal with than the stock axle nut. Doesn't loosen up at all, does the same job as an antifade at a fraction of the cost. Go for the RADLOC! (part # L-2)

http://www.radmfg.com/radloc.htm

alberto
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
All,

Thank you all for the input. You made it easy to choose the type but, now what color? :confused:

Post your pics if you got'em :)

BlaineKaiser450
03-31-2009, 09:40 PM
ive got a Janssen and love it! a little more expensive but its worth it