PDA

View Full Version : Plate for Injector cable

skyeryder
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Is there any kind of block off plate for the oil injector cable that goes in down around the flywheel area or is it okay for a hole to be there. Just don't want any dirt getting where it's not supposed to be. This is for another mini we are trying to get running.?.?.?

bulldogfallon
03-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I believe there is a new plate on the works for that opening.

You need to block off that area to keep everything clean and dry

skyeryder
03-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Out of curiousity is it possible to dirt and dust through that hole to the crank???

ZTR_MAN
03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I believe there is a new plate on the works for that opening.

You need to block off that area to keep everything clean and dry

Gary is right there is one in the works! ;)

rider1234
03-31-2009, 09:01 AM
go to the hardware store and buy a rubber stopper and shove it in the hole. it wil cost you .50

forgiven
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
We had made some for people last year but if ZTR is going to make them I am sure it will be very nice. Ours were hillbilly at best...did keep the dirt out though.

skyeryder
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
So dirt CAN get to the crank through that hole??? Just trying to figure out what all might be wrong with this little 50 and get it back where it should be. My buddy thought he got a good deal but he's had the run around from the original owners. Win some, lose some I guess.

ZTR_MAN
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by forgiven
We had made some for people last year but if ZTR is going to make them I am sure it will be very nice. Ours were hillbilly at best...did keep the dirt out though.

These will be aluminum and available in different colors ie. black, blue and red. I will do my best to keep everyone posted on the time frame.

Thanks,

bulldogfallon
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by skyeryder
So dirt CAN get to the crank through that hole??? Just trying to figure out what all might be wrong with this little 50 and get it back where it should be. My buddy thought he got a good deal but he's had the run around from the original owners. Win some, lose some I guess.

Email me info about your 50 issues and I will try to get you pointed in the right direction.

Let's get it back to basics and then diagnose from there

It is real easy to hurt a 50s peformance....