PDA

View Full Version : Front brake reservoir?

Ex907rider
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I recently snapped a screw, trying to put the lid back onto my front brake fluid reservoir, after changing the pads..

I can't get the snapped part out, and i've tried everything from cutting a slot in the top(part stickin out)and using a flat head, I even tried that "Gra-bit" broken bolt extractor(it couldnt bite into the bolt), and then tried drilling down the center, and then use a bigger drill bit, and slowly make the hole bigger, hoping it'd collapse on itself and fall out.. but no luck...
Any other tips?

I'm thinking about salvaging another one off of a different honda.. (mostly 4x4's, not much sport quads here)...
Will the reservoir off a regular 4x4 honda fit the 400???

Thanks for any help ya guys..
you guys are great!

honda400ex2003
03-30-2009, 04:31 PM
you could go to ebay and look for a front brake off any sport machine made by honda. the 450r reservior is a bit smaller but the 250ex and the 400ex are same for sure unless you have a brake light switch then I am not sure. I am not sure on the 300 but it would work too. the 4x4's have the the brake light switch and the reverse switch in them on the new ones but otherwise they should work as well. steve

nskukalek79
03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
if you spend a little extra you can get the 450r one and it has a bigger piston in it so you have a lot better stopping power. i just bought one off ebay with an asv lever for $45 shipped, it was a pretty good deal and my brakes are amazing now. def worth it