PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a 450 r

bazmaster03
03-30-2009, 09:59 AM
hey im looking to buy a 2005 450r ...i know that the quad has been raced but what would be the main things to look out for it has a nice list of parts:
-it has a port and polished head,
- full hrc kit,
-rebuilt motor,
- crank out of a 08 450r,
- this bike has 57.7 hours on it total since 05,
-maybe 4 hours on rebuilt motor,
- it has rebuilt front shocks by works conections,
- its got after market a arms so it has a 50 inch stance,
-yoshi header with a drd pipe,
- renthal fat bars,
-itp holeshot mxr6 front tires on itp c series type 5 rims,
- itp quadcross rears on dwt red label bead locks,
-asv clutch leaver and pertch,
- carbon fiber caoted race hood,
- 2 uni air filters with honda power lid
- ac nerfs kinda in rough shape thats the only down side to the bike,
- the rear shock linkage has all new bearings and seals and the rear housin has just been rebuilt today same with the linkage and swing arm bearings,
-esr temperature gage,
- and a maintnence minder hour meter,
-new sprokets,
-and a new rear break disc,
- it is geared for more bottom end.
and thats all the guy told me what was on it ....i still have to look at some pics tho he didnt send them yet

bazmaster03
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
oh and one more thing i forgot to mention is that I dont plan on doing some racing but i dolike to have a whole lot of power ... abit like a speed freak .... went around 75mph last weekend on my dirt bike and i was looking for another gear ...it felt like i was just cruising.... i would also do alot of trail/road riding as well as sand pit riding .....would the set up be ok ...what would you guys recomend

hendershot106
03-30-2009, 11:05 AM
whats the price on this thing.... go do a visual inspection.... especially concentrating on the frame looking for cracks.

bazmaster03
03-30-2009, 11:43 AM
he wants as close as he can get to 4000$ cdn .....quads around that year here they sell around 5000$ or higher depending if its stock or not.....
the guy is like 4 hours away from where i am so when i go take a look at it its pretty much to go buy it ...unless he doesnt want to go down if there are cracks in the frame ....the guy seems to be honest enough for the details of the quad tho ...

bazmaster03
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
i can weld good enough so if there are cracks in the frame depending on where it is i might be able to fix it .... how much does a replacement frame cost around anyways.... new and used

S.A.J
03-30-2009, 04:06 PM
sounds like a real good deal to me personally if the visual checks out to be good! and a new frame is $1000+ and a used one would prolly be around $300-500 or so.