PDA

View Full Version : Axis PRS

KingpinsEx
03-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Has anyone tried out Axis's new Plush Ride System (PRS)? I read up on it and sounds like a pretty sweet setup, but I haven't heard of anyone using them. I'm looking into getting a nice rear shock for my LTR and I was going to go with Axis, but with the PRS system they are about the same as a PEP rear. So I am not sure what to go with...

racernorris
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
i installed the plush ride system in my axis cr500 rear shock a couple year ago, and i was able to drop the main spring 25lbs, that allowed the quad to ride smother thru the rough stuff, but not bottom on the big stuff. the simplest way to describe it is, you add a second valve head on the end of the shaft, change the body cap so that the second valve head will seal off when entering the body cap (at about the time the shock is about to hit the bumper) i know that maybe tough to imagine, but it works. axis is the highest priced shocks on the market, and as for quality, there as good as it gets, but there to high for my customers. fox also has this same type of setup, problem is there not available to the public yet, wimmer started out last year on a prototype and now most all the fox sponsored pros run them. hope this helps!

norris

Extremeracer167
03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
is this the same type of setup thats in the new KTM ohlins shocks for the no link. Sounds like kinda the same thing.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes it is pretty much the same idea. It allows for a great increase in dampening in the last bit of travel.

KingpinsEx
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
So these shocks are pretty much the best thing out there right now? The way you describe that sounds like how the Fox air shocks work with the dampening increasing dramatically in the last bit of travel. This rear with my evol fronts should be a very nice combo then. I can get a real good price on axis, so I might just have to go with them. Norris if I buy them new with PRS I should not have to adjust any of that stuff right, it would come with the lighter spring for my setup correct?

racernorris
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
as with a lot of this aftermarket stuff, somebody has to custom build it, if they pay attention, you should get it right the first time. i hate to be asked questions like this, if you know me, then you know i don't pull punches.

OK, here goes, ask for Eric, if he builds your shock, i trust him to do it right. but that's all i can say about that right now!

norris

KingpinsEx
04-02-2009, 08:19 AM
He works for axis? That maybe tough since I will not be buying directly through them, but through a dealer. I can try though. I have never heard anyone complain about axis's valving though, for the money they should get it right! As for the shock allowing you to run a lower ride hieght, they should have it set from the factory to my specs correct and I shouldn't have to adjust the ride height for the PRS system?

racernorris
04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
yes eric works for axis, as for getting it right the first time, thats what i'm screaming! good luck!

norris

hontrx265r
04-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Normally would it matter who built your shocks at a brand "x" shock company? I would imagine unless you know somebody, your getting a shock that had computer calculated valving and shocks are put together by whom ever? Unless they are PEP's. I hope I'm wrong...