PDA

View Full Version : Fundraisers

300extreme#8
03-29-2009, 10:47 PM
ok, Fellows I need some ideas. I got a lot of friends in ASCE which is a engineering club at my college. They attend many different competitions, but they are running out of money. We were tring to come up with ideas to raise money without spending too much in the process. We figured a car wash would be a easy way to start off seeing there are a lot of people away from home and don't wash their cars. Also thought of buying a car from a savage yard and charge students to beat the hell out of it with a sledge hammer. Anyone know any good fundraiser ideas that would really attrack college students.

kawabunga
03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Food, college students love food. Many more love beer too, if that's an option. I don't know what kind of event you're allowed to have.

300extreme#8
03-29-2009, 11:20 PM
well the only problem with beer is that this town is a dry county so the cops are strict on drunk driving and under age drinking so its hard to lean on that. I wanted to have a beerpong contest but heck more then half the people wanting to play and pay money are under 21 so that rules out alot and if they did play and get caught by cops then we would be in abunch of crap.

Pipeless416
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
some organization on my campus just got a wrecked bmw and charged $2 for like 5 swings at it or something.. made quite a bit i think. it also sounds stupid, but i'm the president of my hall and we have a relay for life team.. we just had a "pie your executive board." for each dollar somebody donated, they were entered once in a raffle to pie the member of their choice.. we made a good amount. the rotten milk smell in the nose from the whipped cream was almost worth it. :o