PDA

View Full Version : Predator clutch Problems Please Help!!!

predTLD05
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I tried to post this in the Predator section with no luck and no replies so I'm trying one last time in this section. I have a 2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD edtion. I was riding some new trails today and got stuck between 2 trees. i had to put some force on the clutch to get out but finally when i did i found that my clutch didnt feel right. The clutch engages almost at the end of the lever movment. The transmission still seems fine its just the clutch doesnt do nothing till it almost stops on the lever. Pluswhen your letting the clutch out it doesnt start rolling it just catches and goes. please help i dont want to have to take this thing to a dealer and get ripped

Young_Gun1
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
my best suggestion is to pull it apart and see if the plates are messed up
there is almost never a reason to take a bike to a dealer if you have a decent sense of working on it

predTLD05
03-29-2009, 11:35 PM
what should they look like? ive never pulled the clutch out or even looked at them is there oil in behind the case? ive only done the normal maintainace on it. thanks for the reply also

440exnacsracer
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
the clutch cover will have oil behind it, so drain the engine oil first. once you pull the cover off, pull the four bolts on the clutch hub. once you pull the pressure plate off, check the nut that holds the basket on ( in the direct center of the basket) if that is tight and the clutch plates look good, pull the basket off and check the hub bearings and washers for wear. as far as the clutch plates, you have friction plates and steel plates. the friction plates have small pads all the way around and you should have at least 1mm or so of pad. if they look good, just make sure to put them back in in alternating order. hope this helps