PDA

View Full Version : HMF or Big Gun?

eriiqTRX
03-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Im thinking about getting a full exhaust system for my 2007 TRX 250 EX but I cant decide between a HMF sport series or a Big Gun EVO X, can you guys tell me what system gives more power to
my ATV?

03-29-2009, 07:43 PM
HMF

bubbrubb25
03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
I love Big Gun exhausts I think they sound really good so thats what I would go with.

03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bubbrubb25
I love Big Gun exhausts I think they sound really good so thats what I would go with.

If you like losing power for sound its up to you. HMF sounds good and gives power.

zwark
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
They will all give you more power.

Pipeless416
03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
If you like losing power for sound its up to you. HMF sounds good and gives power.

ive seen this in multiple threads. please stop trying to pass your opinions off as fact. all you do is spread useless info all over this forum.

Eviltanker
04-01-2009, 05:21 AM
For a 250EX both exhausts will be an inprovement. It will come down to price. I prefer the HMF on my 400 but, the BigGun might be what you are looking for. I almost bought the BigGun when I was looking at exhaust and went with HMF because I could get a beter price on it at the time. All in all they are both good exhausts.

Drewltr450
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM
HMF

440exnacsracer
04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
i have to say HMF as well. however ive never run a big gun. the hmf exhausts imo are built a little sturdier than most others, and will last longer than others. ive had one canister for 6 years and its still holding up great

04-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
ive seen this in multiple threads. please stop trying to pass your opinions off as fact. all you do is spread useless info all over this forum.

dont be idiotic. Just basing my "opinion" off of a dyno graph.

Pipeless416
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
dont be idiotic. Just basing my "opinion" off of a dyno graph.

just because a pipe loses a PEAK hp does not mean theres no power to be gained throughout the power band. peak hp does not win races. plus, you say this in the 400ex section and a question about exhaust for a 250ex. apples and oranges. :rolleyes: oh well, you're starting stuff in every thread again.. surprise surprise.

IcutMetl
04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
My opinion on HMF is based off a 400ex, so take it with a grain of salt.

I first had a Yoshimura Comp slip on. It made great all around power, had a spark arrestor, and sounded good. It was made very well, the welds were nice, fit & finish was perfect. It slid right on the bike like it came from the factory. I had also contemplated a Big Gun at the time, but heard that they were rediculously loud.

For whatever reason, I decided to switch to an HMF because of what I was hearing. Plus, they are in Brooklyn/Cleveland- pretty close to me. I know the salesperson who sold them raw material, so I got a little deal. As far as jetting goes, it was pretty damn close. Fitment onto the bike sucked; not going to lie. I had to modify the headpipe connection so it would actually slip over the factory headpipe. General fit & finish of the pipe almost seemed generic. They didn't have a USFS approved spark arrestor at the time, but did include a screened insert that got me into Wayne National w/o a problem. I will tell you this; there was a noticable difference in lower end power- the HMF had it in the lower end, but not nearly as much everywhere else. This was back in 2002+/-, perhaps they've changed by then. Certainly not bashing; but I personally wouldn't buy one again- that's just my experience.