PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: SpeedDemin85

Wired
12-29-2002, 04:19 PM
your pm box is full so i couldnt respond back to you, hopefully this answers your question;

cordova's are one of the funnest tricks to do but are kinda tricky. your having the same problems i had when i first started doing them. what you need to work on is getting your knee's closer together, when i first started doing it my knee's werent together and i noticed the quad reved up whenever i did it. if you work on getting your knee's closer together your boots and legs should be far enough away from the throttle where it wont touch and you should be well on your way to getting great extensions. i dont recommend trying it if you still hit your throttle, i did it one time where i hit the throttle and got very extended, thank god my feet landed on the back brake pedal when i got back upright or i think i probably wouldve had a big spill. thats when i started putting my knee's together. if you got any questions or if i didnt make any sense on this response let me know. :)

jon

Wired
12-29-2002, 04:20 PM
:macho

some cordova pics for ya

http://jguetter.exriders.com/images/homeramp4.jpg

http://jguetter.exriders.com/images/riggscordovabardstown02.jpg

12-29-2002, 08:17 PM
jon what bars did u have that u broke at bardstown?

Wired
12-29-2002, 08:20 PM
they were FLY brand bars. the quad came with them on there and ive never heard of them but the bend was higher then stock so left them on there. i like high bars but they were pretty cheap and cost me 1000 bucks in the long run :p

12-29-2002, 08:30 PM
in ur opinion are high bars better for tricks? i feel cramped with low ones, the higher ones make me feel like im riding a cr 250 im runnin msr dominator quad bend bars

Wired
12-29-2002, 08:33 PM
high bars are 10 times better for me then low bars. im too hunched over with anything lower then cr high. jumps seems to make everyone that much easier for me. but i am 6'2 so it might be the same for a 5'8 with cr low bend.

roostin_dale
12-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Jon i have a couple questions also
1)What was your first quad?
2)What was your first trick?
3)How long did it take you to get to the "advanced" level that your at now?

These may sound like funny questions but i have my reasons..lol

Wired
12-29-2002, 10:38 PM
1)What was your first quad? 1987 banshee
2)What was your first trick? bar hop
3)How long did it take you to get to the "advanced" level that your at now? about 3 years of constant practice, determination, and ambition.... thank god for huevos 3 lol

Wired
12-29-2002, 10:41 PM
here was my baby, and i wish i still had it! :(

beerock
12-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
your pm box is full so i couldnt respond back to you, hopefully this answers your question;

cordova's are one of the funnest tricks to do but are kinda tricky. your having the same problems i had when i first started doing them. what you need to work on is getting your knee's closer together, when i first started doing it my knee's werent together and i noticed the quad reved up whenever i did it. if you work on getting your knee's closer together your boots and legs should be far enough away from the throttle where it wont touch and you should be well on your way to getting great extensions. i dont recommend trying it if you still hit your throttle, i did it one time where i hit the throttle and got very extended, thank god my feet landed on the back brake pedal when i got back upright or i think i probably wouldve had a big spill. thats when i started putting my knee's together. if you got any questions or if i didnt make any sense on this response let me know. :)

jon

one more reason to switch to twist....;)

12-29-2002, 11:17 PM
twist could be dangerous, think about it, ur doing a sterilizer u get a lil squirley and pin it

Juggalo
12-30-2002, 10:43 AM
yeah jon is right cordovas are really fun to do. my advice is to practice them on the ground. its way different than when your in the air but it helps you get used to the way you need to throw your body.

Wired
12-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by beerock

yea but bee we all know your crazy! :devil

Dan_Guetter
12-30-2002, 08:37 PM
test

roostin_dale
12-30-2002, 10:17 PM
wiredmini, i love your avatar..lol

Pappy
12-30-2002, 10:21 PM
ok yall can stop now.....my back is hurtin from just lookin:p

QuadRacer041
12-31-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by beerock

twist is the way to go man!

12-31-2002, 11:03 AM
john i have a question. what(seems stupid because i already know the answer) was better for frestyle. why did u get rid of ur shee? why do u uwish u still have it? thats it sorry for the stupid questiosn but i need to know....

Wired
12-31-2002, 11:45 AM
well i wish i still had it because its nice to have one of everything and it was our first actual race quad so its just a memory thing. for jumping our banshee was awsome! there were 2 reasons why we ended up selling our banshee; 1 because it was the 1987 model and the J-arm bearings went out on us every 5 rides (we ride hard ;) ) and second because we needed money to buy our very first 250r :blah if we could have sold our LT 250r we would have kept the banshee, but its practically impossible to sell a 1986 LT 250r lmao! all in all im happy with the R and EX we have now but sometime i miss looking in the corner of our shop where the old banshee used to sit :(

12-31-2002, 12:05 PM
man i dont know if it is just me but seriously i hate the way the shee jumps and lands to heavy and unstable but hey it is just me it hink.

lil400exman
12-31-2002, 12:37 PM
but you know alot of that hondaquadman is the rider not the machine the machine only does what the operator makes it do and push steer is somehting that we do cause we dont spin hte rear tire enough or something like that...................just a note!:D

DaveEX7
12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
so jon, juss put my knees closer together and that should keep me from hittin the throttle?

im gettin new bars also cause have a lil plastic thing on there, and one time my feet got hung up and it took a while for me to do one right again and the higher bars will keep that from happenin again, hopefully