View Full Version : slow 700r needs help

extreme750
03-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I have an 07 raptor 700r fuel injected with some basic goodies such as GYTR pipe, K@N filter and power commander, I thought my bike was fast till this past weekend I drag raced my old 04 yfz 450 and was shocked that we ran neck and neck, I couldn't pull on him and he could pull on me, now this is an embarrassment to me because I hyped this bike up to be the best out there. now if I knew this I woulds have saved my money and kept my 450.

So what would it take for me to back up all that smack I was talking amongst my friends.

coxcol15
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
only thing i can think of is that the 450 is high compression. maybe try a high compression piston in your 700 and possibly some different cams.

extreme750
03-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I was thinking about a stage 2 cam but will it give me that edge over the 450 and also will the bike be controllable in trails, because I had a sick banshee but when it came to trail it was uncontrollable.

coryatver
03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I have heard the raptor 700s retard the timing in 5th gear to limit top speed there is a speed sensor in the transmission you can unplug it but it will give a check engine light or you can cut the baby blue wire going to the efi controller.

extreme750
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I thought when I put the Power commander on it eliminated the speed sensor? And if I cut that wire the check engine light will stay on also?

And my problem with the 450 isn't at top speed, its from the start so pretty much I need to get out the whole faster. but I just ordered a hot cam stage 2 but now i trying to find someone who could dyno the bike for me in the new jersey area.

MXin700R
03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
The fuel controller made by Dynojet does not do away with the speed limiter, nor does any other fuel controller. A timing controller like a Dynatek does however.
Get ya a 11:1 piston and a HCIII camshaft and smoke that fool!

coryatver
03-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by extreme750
I thought when I put the Power commander on it eliminated the speed sensor? And if I cut that wire the check engine light will stay on also?

And my problem with the 450 isn't at top speed, its from the start so pretty much I need to get out the whole faster. but I just ordered a hot cam stage 2 but now i trying to find someone who could dyno the bike for me in the new jersey area.

check engine light does not come on with a wire cut only if you unplug it.

Some people who unplug it put a toggle switch instead of unplugging it so if the check engine light comes on you flip the switch to plug it back in to clear the code then flip it back off to unplug it. The best way is to cut the wire though then you don't have to worry about it again. It is good for about 6 mph top speed on a stock raptor a LOT more if it is modded

extreme750
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I found a guy in PA thats suppose to be really good with the raptors and this guy came from someone I know, His company is
Vertucci Performance Equipment I talked to him today and made an apointment to take my bike in for a cam and dyno and the price was pretty afordable.

toMKat
04-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I have an 07 raptor 700r fuel injected with some basic goodies such as GYTR pipe, K@N filter and power commander, I thought my bike was fast till this past weekend I drag raced my old 04 yfz 450 and was shocked that we ran neck and neck, I couldn't pull on him and he could pull on me, now this is an embarrassment to me because I hyped this bike up to be the best out there. now if I knew this I woulds have saved my money and kept my 450.

So what would it take for me to back up all that smack I was talking amongst my friends.

Sell that piece of crap and get ur 450 back.... or better than that...

buy a Honda TRX700XX and you'll never loose a race again! :devil:

scuzz
04-07-2009, 07:28 AM
hit up Bo on the raptor forums and get some head work done.

His work as well as some other parts have a 700r hitting 70 hp on pump gas.

extreme750
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I droped off the raptor yesterday to VPE and I'm having the head ported and polished, stage 2 cam, valve job, and head decked for higher compression, and dyno with custom maps to run on pump and race fuel. When I get the bike back i let you know what the dyno charts say.

extreme750
04-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by toMKat
Sell that piece of crap and get ur 450 back.... or better than that...

buy a Honda TRX700XX and you'll never loose a race again! :devil:

I purchased a raptor because i know its potential and I will never by a POS Honda 700 that weigh a million pounds and that bike dosen't get out of its own way.

sprayedgt
04-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I purchased a raptor because i know its potential and I will never by a POS Honda 700 that weigh a million pounds and that bike dosen't get out of its own way.

You obviously never rode one. That was the same thing the guy I raced this weekend thought. But his attitude was a little better and was really surprised since he never saw one other than at the dealership. If my "million pound" 700xx is supposedly slow, I guess his 700r was a snail:blah:

toMKat
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Big talk for someone who has obviously has never rode or raced one. Cause if u had u wouldn't be makin the inept comments. Needless to say have fun spendin all ur money tryin to uncork that crappy rappy, too bad we wernt in the same state cause I'd roll u with just a pipe and intake lmao

extreme750
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I wish you was here also because I like to make honda fans look bad.

07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Those 700xx's SUCK. I have rode one, and seen them out riding before. They can't get out of their own way. I think my 400ex is almost as fast:ermm:

If honda ditched the IRS for an SRA, and lightened it up some it would be a much better quad:cool:

coryatver
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Those 700xx's SUCK. I have rode one, and seen them out riding before. They can't get out of their own way. I think my 400ex is almost as fast:ermm:

If honda ditched the IRS for an SRA, and lightened it up some it would be a much better quad:cool:

you guys must not know how to hold the throttle open on them. My 450r has plain SMOKED everything around here tricked out yfz's raptor 700, kawi 450, ktm 450.

I raced a 700xx and he handed me my arse:eek: Top end on them is the real deal man!

07-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
you guys must not know how to hold the throttle open on them. My 450r has plain SMOKED everything around here tricked out yfz's raptor 700, kawi 450, ktm 450.

I raced a 700xx and he handed me my arse:eek: Top end on them is the real deal man!

Not with a stock pipe it aint.:ermm:

And the top end on them is a joke next to the shee's top end:devil:

coryatver
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
its time to let the banshee Rest in piece. It has nothing left to prove. I can't believe you just compared a 2009 model IRS fuel injected trail quad to a banshee lol. Ain't it about time to go for a cruise on your scooter around the block and see if any girls are out hehe