PDA

View Full Version : rear skid bolts for 2005 Predator

speedracer350X
03-29-2009, 06:34 PM
My riding buddy has an '05 Predator with a nice PRM skid plate (swingarm) He's having a heck of a time keepin the bolts tightened. Any one else having these issues?/ How to remedy the situation? Nothing worse tahn heading out to ride and 20 minutes later have to head home.

predTLD05
03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
loctite you can find it at any autoparts store. thats what i used worked like a charm. get the red bottle. its more resistant to ever backing back out due to ruff conditions, water, and mud.

speedracer350X
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
That's what I figured, just loctite the heck out of it. Just wondering if that's a common problem with those machines or not. Thanks.

somewon
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
if your real desperate you could always tack weld it to the swinger.

LOL!!!

predTLD05
03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
HAHA somewon that will def fix it. i have a pro armor skid plates all over mine. i didnt have a problem with it because i went ahead and put locktite in it when i put my armor kit on but ive heard a few people saying that their aftermarket armor sometimes got loose till they put locktite or made up ways to secure it where it wouldnt back out ever again. but if you ever want to take bolts out that you use loctite on just remember to heat them up before you even try to break it loose. I know several people who rung the head of the bolt off before that locktite came loose.