PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Peg nerfs...

Stoke88
03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I just put on my AC Blackline Pro Peg nerfs. Wow did they suck putting them on. But now that there finally on I found a problem. The peg flange is in the way of my rear brake pedal. So right now I have no rear brakes because the pedal won't go down far enough. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it? I thought about bending my brake pedal but wanted some other ideas first.

81-Honda-04
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
you might have the mounting brackets on the wrong side. there is a left and right because one sticks out farther for the brake to be able to get pass it. that might solve your problem of having trouble getting them on too.

matt14c
03-29-2009, 09:36 PM
When I put my pro pegs on both the shifter and brake lever were kind of out of whack. I had to take them off and move up one spline. The pro pegs sat lower than the stock pegs.

03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I thought about buying a air of these.. Are they worth the trouble? I think they look pretty good besides the black comes with silver nets...I'd have to get black nets..

tri5ron
03-30-2009, 12:57 AM
they are a serious PITA to install. Everyone who has them will say the same thing.
There IS a left and right side to the peg brackes, and it it also next to impossible to get them to line up properly.

It CAN be done, but the instructions that come with them SUCK!
I actually had my peg mounts upside down when I first installed them. after I realized it and tried to turn them over, I actually had to use a floorjack to get them into position for the frame bolts at the pegs to align with the frame holes.

do a search on them with my screen name, and you should find a thread with a sequence to install them, that is about the easiest way to get them installed.

They ARE a Beeitch to mount, and you will SWEAR that they must have sent you the wrong nerfs, for a completly different quad,... but once you do get them on, they are pretty nice.

skomar
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I installed them on mine and had no issues except for moving my shift down, which is not a big deal with a 10mm wrench. The worst thing was running the nets

Stoke88
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I knew there was a left and a right side. The directions said the pegs should slightly point forward. I thought they were but I could be wrong. I also had to use a floor jack AND ratchet straps to get mine to line up.

81-Honda-04
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
me and my dad were banging on the things with rubber sledge hammers for a while just to get them to fit together! but i love them now that they are on! they drain well and look good too! also its a bit confusing knowing if the brackets are facing the right direction like up and forward or down and back.. i had some trouble with that.