PDA

View Full Version : 05 Predator Clutch Problems Please Help!

predTLD05
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Today I was riding my pred through some trails and got hung up on the rear tires between 2 trees. it toke me a min. or so to get it out but when i got it out the clutch is not engageing till almost the end of the movement in my lever. also when it does catch there is no real warning it just catches and goes. what could be wrong? ive never really messed with it beside just normal maintainance. could it be a clutch cable stretched out? if you have any ideas let me know. thank you

Bradracer18
03-30-2009, 08:13 AM
No the cable is not stretched. You can adjust free play near the lever...and maybe(can't remember) down near the clutch cover. If that doesn't work...its probably time for new clutch plates.

predTLD05
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
well i toke it to the dealer today. its my clutch plates. i wont have it till next week so im quad-less for 7 days. it sucks. i miss seeing my predator in my shop already and its only been 6 hours.

Bradracer18
03-31-2009, 07:46 AM
haha well this way you know what you've got! Hopefully they will get it right back to you.....a clutch only takes about an hour or two to do....even with the oil change.

predTLD05
04-01-2009, 01:43 AM
well i got a call back from the dealer and i busted 3 clutch plates so i will have it back on tuesday. so 7 days with out her. then today i drained the oil in my fiance's yamaha blaster and found metal shavings in it so i guess ill have 2 in the shop. i aint got a clue about 2 strokes so i have no clue what it is.