PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite band/artist?

416exfreak
03-29-2009, 03:36 PM
If you have more than one, its all good. Post 'em up!

I'll start.

-Behemoth
-Suicide Silence
-All Shall Perish
-Suffokate
-Steve Miller Band
-Lil Wayne
-T-Pain
-Lil John
-T.I.
-ICP
-Twiztid
-Trace Adkins
-Alan Jackson
-Brad Paisley

InkSLinger
03-29-2009, 04:00 PM
The one that I do work with/for http://www.shanehoward.com/

BlaineKaiser450
03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
wtf is up with the lil wayne? :confused: :huh

All That Remains

03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
At the moment Disturbed and Shinedown. Brent Smith vocals for Shinedown... damn he can sing.

06 Honda 450R
03-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Metallica

feuerstack411
03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
If you have more than one, its all good. Post 'em up!

I'll start.

-Behemoth
-Suicide Silence
-All Shall Perish
-Suffokate
-Steve Miller Band
-Lil Wayne
-T-Pain
-Lil John
-T.I.
-ICP
-Twiztid
-Trace Adkins
-Alan Jackson
-Brad Paisley

your list is pretty fail

03-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
your list is pretty fail

I thought the same but hey everyone likes something different.

BlaineKaiser450
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I thought the same but hey everyone likes something different. X3

powermadd400ex
03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
your list is pretty fail

it called an opinion.
mine at the moment is suicide silence and heaven shall burn

madskrillz2
03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I like just about every kind of music but here's what I listen to pretty regular.

Metal:
Chimaira
Fear Factory
Slipknot
In Flames
Korn (kinda borderline)
Job for a Cowboy
All Shall Perish
Metals my favorite and I could go on for days so I'll stop there.

Rap:
Three 6 Mafia
Project Pat
Pastor Troy
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Gangstaar
Nas
and about ANYTHING 90's hip hop like...
old Ice Cube, old Snoop Dogg, old Dr. Dre, old Bone Thugs, 2pac, etc. I definitely like what is considered real hip hop MUCH more than rap you hear nowadays. Sounds like they actually put some thought into it.

I really just like way too much music to have ANY favorites so, I'll just leave it at that.

ben300
03-29-2009, 09:37 PM
At the moment Disturbed and Shinedown. Brent Smith vocals for Shinedown... damn he can sing.

x10 to the 20000000000 power plus the geometric rotation of the earth!

powermadd400ex
03-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2

Fear Factory

wow they are so old, but still so sick :D
they never made an album that could top "soul of a new machine".

250r rider 88
03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
anberlin
egypt central

Pipeless416
03-29-2009, 11:56 PM
atreyu, bullet for my valentine, five finger death punch, killswitch engage, lacuna coil, slipknot, ac/dc, three days grace, rise against, avenged sevenfold, soilwork, theory of a deadman, hinder, marilyn manson, all that remains, and ill nino... theres definitely a lot more. :p

madskrillz2
03-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
wow they are so old, but still so sick :D
they never made an album that could top "soul of a new machine".

I know man! I always get a false sense of hope hearing rumors that they are coming out with something new. But as always they end up just being rumors. That was a good one but I'm still in love with Archetype. I think they got kinda down in the dumps after Transgression went to the ****ter. It sounded almost too mainstream even though there was a couple good ones on it.

C41Xracer
03-30-2009, 06:48 AM
five finger death punch for me

416exfreak
03-30-2009, 07:53 AM
your list is pretty fail

Because I like a wide variety of music?

Im sorry.. I try not to be so close-minded...:chinese:

F-16Guy
03-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Bad Religion.

Sjorge450R
03-30-2009, 08:29 AM
well I literally do not like any of the bands that have been listed.....probably cause I am more of a mellow listener...

Huge Jack Johnson fan and recently started liking Jason Mraz a lot. If you like Jack Johnson and havent listened to Mraz's albums i highly recommend them. Nothing better than at the end of the day throwing on a Jack Johnson album on and unwinding.

05LSR250R
03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Is this thread for: Favorite of all time or flavor of the month?

redlineranger
03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I literally listen to almost anything other than that emo cut yourself crap.

Rock/Metal - Killswitch Engage, Korn, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Def Lep., Nickelback, and many many more.

Country - George Strait(best country artist ever, hands down), Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley and a few others.

Rap - Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, old school Three Six Mafia, Yo Gotti, T.I., and there's plenty more here as well

As far as rap goes the mainstream stuff on the radio is all garbage. If you want good rap you gotta get the mixtapes.

I'm all with Sjorge300EX though, Jack Johnson has some great music.

rodeo#11
03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
rock-
-misery signals
-august burns red
-killswitch engaged
-i killed the prom queen
-all that remains
-parkway drive
-from first to last
-10 years
-evans blue

rap-
-lil wayne
-biggie smalls :)
-sweatshop union
-felix da housecat
-zion i

Classic rock-
-metallica
-led zepplin
-acdc
-bad company
-scorpions
-the outlaws

Thats my list and im stickin to it! as far as county goes ... no thanks not a fan.

Bryson#221
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Pretty much in that exact order...

*DISTURBED. (EVERY SINGLE SONG! My absolute favorite!!)
*Theory of a Deadman
*Nickelback
*Breaking Benjamin
*Linkin Park (their older stuff)
*Killswitch Engage
*Anberlin
*Skillet
*Paramore
*Flyleaf
*Mudvayne
*Saosin
*Fireflight
*Three Days Grace
*Red
*Gary Allan
*Chuck Wicks
*Taylor Swift

I just loooove music :blah:

03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Country music listeners have the highest rate of suicide. Real facts here. They did a study and found that your more likely to commit suicide if you listen to country. Yeah they tested and studied all music types: emo, rap, rock, techno w/e. And... Linkin Park's old stuff is best. New stuff is garbage. Their 1st Album Hybrid Theory every song I listen to and like, 2nd Album Meterora was pretty good and again I like all the songs. After that eh its just not the same. For current stuff though nobody IMO touches Disturbed and Shinedown. Classic rock jeeze I wouldnt know where to start but Lynyrd Skynyrd makes me feel good and no stress. Jimi Hendrix is amazing along with Pink Floyd , Peter Frampton and Led Zeppelin. Tons of good classic rock. Pink Floyd performing live gave me chills it was that good.

feuerstack411
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Because I like a wide variety of music?

Im sorry.. I try not to be so close-minded...:chinese:

You would like to think that I'm close minded. I listen to rap/hip hop, rock, classic rock, techno/trance, aussie rap, german rock, german rap, i listen to EVERYTHING.
But, tpain and lil jon? c'mon man, have some respect for your brain.

ben300
03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Country music listeners have the highest rate of suicide. Real facts here. They did a study and found that your more likely to commit suicide if you listen to country. Yeah they tested and studied all music types: emo, rap, rock, techno w/e. And... Linkin Park's old stuff is best. New stuff is garbage. Their 1st Album Hybrid Theory every song I listen to and like, 2nd Album Meterora was pretty good and again I like all the songs. After that eh its just not the same. For current stuff though nobody IMO touches Disturbed and Shinedown. Classic rock jeeze I wouldnt know where to start but Lynyrd Skynyrd makes me feel good and no stress. Jimi Hendrix is amazing along with Pink Floyd , Peter Frampton and Led Zeppelin. Tons of good classic rock. Pink Floyd performing live gave me chills it was that good.

proof? link? statistic?

ProspectorJim
03-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Pretty much all my stuff is 80's hardcore punk and some punk rock. I despise the stuff that passes for punk today.

Bad brains
Minor threat
Dead Kennedys
Gorilla Biscuits
Pennywise
just to name a few....

redlineranger
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ben300
proof? link? statistic?

I am almost willing to bet that he saw that on either 1000 ways to die, or Manswers I cant remember which one. I saw it to, and I think it is correct. It said most people relate to alot of the blues and upset feelings that are in alot of country songs and just feel right to go ahead and end it all. But people that kill themselves over country music have other issues and what not so if they want to do that its up to them.

I'm not one of them so I'll keep jammin to George Strait whenever im not listenin to anything else.

BlasterEaten250
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
All That Remains, Rise Against, Atreyu, and Killswitch Engage is usually what I listen to

ridered92
03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
disturbed
killswitch engage
nickelback
guns and roses
tech n9ne
eminem
3 doors down
shinedown
3 days grace
breaking benjamin
seether
lil wayne
T.I
godsmack
pink floyd
bon jovi
aero smith
i cant think of any more at the moment

631kfx400
03-30-2009, 07:28 PM
OLLIE WILLIAMS
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wvmvic2hBA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wvmvic2hBA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

warriorxcr1
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Where are the Deftones fans at man!???!?!?! Nobody likes Nu Metal?

Deftones
Chevelle
Incubus
Dave Matthews Band
Tool
The Bouncing Souls
In Flames
Rise Against
Blink 182
Limp Bizkit
Brand New
POD
Fu Manchu

700bRad
03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
for rock i like:
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
The Mars Volta
Korn
Deftones
Disturbed
Marilyn Manson
Tool

ben300
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by warriorxcr1
Where are the Deftones fans at man!???!?!?! Nobody likes Nu Metal?

been a fan of theirs for years....its a shame that their bassist had to get hurt like he did

FreekShow
03-30-2009, 10:24 PM
MuDvAyNe FTW.

warriorxcr1
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM

yea man....still praying for chi!

headup headup headup

416exfreak
03-31-2009, 07:36 AM
You would like to think that I'm close minded. I listen to rap/hip hop, rock, classic rock, techno/trance, aussie rap, german rock, german rap, i listen to EVERYTHING.
But, tpain and lil jon? c'mon man, have some respect for your brain.

"im on a boat" is a good song. I realize it isn't T-Pains' song, but he's in it.

Lil John is pretty good music for the occasional backyard fight at a house party:devil:

mx825
03-31-2009, 07:51 AM
the used, eminem.

ben300
03-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
MuDvAyNe FTW.

definitallly a winner... even though i like their older stuff more

ben300
03-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by mx825
the used, eminem.

what ever happened to eminem? i heard that he ballooned up to 300# and got all crazy depressed again...

i still love listening to his stuff

powermadd400ex
03-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I know man! I always get a false sense of hope hearing rumors that they are coming out with something new. But as always they end up just being rumors. That was a good one but I'm still in love with Archetype. I think they got kinda down in the dumps after Transgression went to the ****ter. It sounded almost too mainstream even though there was a couple good ones on it.

yea i hear ya, i got tired of getting my hopes up :ermm:
but yea i didnt like transgression at all, like you said it sounded really mainstream. and mainstream isnt my taste at all.

Nick110
03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
All time Favorite is underĂ˜ath.

Monthly favorites are...

-The Devil Wears Prada
-Agraceful
-Attack Attack!
-In fear and faith
-Chiodos
-The fall of troy

thats all I can think of right now.

zwark
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Rush, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Melvins, Big Black, KMFDM, Hendrix, Beatles, Alice in Chains.

Personally, I think Rush is the all time best band there ever was, is and will be, but that's just me.

madskrillz2
03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
what ever happened to eminem? i heard that he ballooned up to 300# and got all crazy depressed again...

i still love listening to his stuff

Lmao WHERE did you hear that? His new album comes out in a few months and he's supposed to be releasing another before the year is up. He made a statement that he made so much music since he's been out he just wanted to put it all out.

madskrillz2
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
tech n9ne

Can't believe I forgot Tech N9ne. He's one of the most underrated rappers out right now. I personally think he should be considered the fastest just because you can actually understand what he is saying where as Twista just sounds like mumbling.