PDA

View Full Version : Building my 07 motor, opinions needed

Jake250ex
03-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok, I have a 07 ER with just a HMF slip on and a filter. Im tired of riding this thing on the rev limiter so its time to upgrade. Im thinking of a hotcam stage 2 and a JE 13.5:1 pitston...

So heres my thoughts. I race B class XC and need to keep low end and torque.

Will my slip on flow enough for a built motor?

I def dont want anything thats gonna be overheating and im constantly fighting with over reliability

I do want to get the head ported, but I can get the cam and piston for cheaper that just porting alone... how will this setup work on a stock head?

HondaRaceReady
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
That setup will be a good increase over what you have now, but I would definately get the HMF header. If you want more power for cheap you could get your carb bored. People say you lose torque, but it was all gain everywhere for mine.

Dave400ex
03-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I would do head porting and a cam before the piston myself. I ran that setup for a year and a half and loved it! Get the HMF header, 04-05 HRC cam and head porting and you'll be happy. Give Moto-Xperts a call since your in IN.

hendershot106
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I would do head porting and a cam before the piston myself. I ran that setup for a year and a half and loved it! Get the HMF header, 04-05 HRC cam and head porting and you'll be happy. Give Moto-Xperts a call since your in IN.

what he said!!!!^^^^^^

Simon MX49
03-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Give MXP a call and have them do their tranny mod while its down, I have an 06 motor in an 07 frame and I'm havin alot of problems with hitting false neutrals, make sure you take care of that tranny

raw67
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
I just got my 05 back from Moto-Xperts. Left in stock piston and crank, got a Baldwin XC cam, tranny mod, XC port job, new valves, cluth mod, running no lid with no toil filter, jet kit and full hmf system. UNFEAKINBELEIVABLE POWER!!!! TONS OF BOTTOM END!!! Toby does outstanding work and stands by it!!!