PDA

View Full Version : installation of 14 tooth fr sprocket

crazyfireman
11-16-2001, 06:32 PM
hey guys, first just wanted to say thanks for the extensive help and suggestions i have received from this site. my question is i just installed a 14 tooth front sprocket an i am unsure if i did it correctly. i am confused of what actually holds it in place? the 2 bolts only go through the little thin washer and the sprocket? does the washer/retainer only line up correctly? or can it be installed and line up but not work properly? i am just a little afraid os fast as it spins that it might come off. just looking for some reassurance. thanks in advance, danny

MichaelS693
11-16-2001, 06:38 PM
You put the sprocket on then u put the retainer on it it will not me lined up correctly then u have to push the retainer and move it around where the wholes line up then put the screws in

Pur Pony
11-17-2001, 01:53 PM
put the sprocket on and then the retainer- if you had the retainer lined up to screw the bolts into the sprocket then your fine. I just installed a 14T and then a 13T.

MichaelS693
11-17-2001, 03:44 PM
Yea same here

Red Rooster
11-18-2001, 02:16 PM
Hey Pur Pony
do those 22" spider tracks bog out your motor, or does it pull them allright? I have steel rims and a friend has those tires for sale for $80 and they are like new. Should I get them or not??
Sorry about the off subject questions.

Pur Pony
11-18-2001, 03:17 PM
Red Rooster300- I really like my spider tracs- I got an awesome deal on them w/ rims. They did bog the motor a little on take off- with the factory 15T sprocket it was geared a little too high. I went to the 14T sprocket and was great- felt just about stock then. Now w/ the 13T its great- I really love it.

I like the spider tracs- GREAT traction- and better ground clearance over stock 20's... I always hit rocks... now i dont- i would say get them- ... just depends on your type of riding- i only trail/woods ride- so they are awesome-

good luck

400exRacerX
11-18-2001, 06:56 PM
Go to the reviews section and read the review Leo posted and it tells you how to install one.