PDA

View Full Version : Favorite products for cleaning/detailing?

WKY400EX
03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
There are thousands of products out there, but what products do you guys/gals use when cleaning up your quads? I've been a big fan of Purple Power, Westley's Bleach White and Eagle One Nanowax Quick Detailer for a few years now. All three work great.

ohsobad_chevy
03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Simple Green works wonders. :cool:

spanky101
03-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Im a huge fan of simple green, it works great on tons of stuff!

Jdub400ex
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
purple power ALL the WAY!

Drewltr450
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
brillow pad

Lolli2
04-07-2009, 06:34 AM
I like Simple Green too, only I can't stand the smell of it. I found some of the yellow Simple Green and that smells better. Good ole dawn dish soap and hot water works good too!

To polish up my aluminum I like either Alba's blue aluminum polish or Mother's billet polish.

Jersey450R
04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
i used to use simple green. then i switched over to westley's bleech white and will never go back. the westley's melts the dirt right off.

04-07-2009, 12:15 PM
where can you get that at?

WKY400EX
04-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
where can you get that at? You can get Westley's about anywhere. Wal-Mart, Advance, I even saw some at Dollar General a while back. Stuff is awesome. Especially on tires.

quaddad#123
04-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Liquid Performance has great Stuff !!

04-07-2009, 04:01 PM
EngineBrite! Might also be called Gunk Buster? Spray it on a dry engine and its all foam and then after a few minutes brush it and rub it with a cloth and rise. Use it usually for car engines but I noticed on the can it also says for lawnmowers, ATV's...

raptorkid
04-07-2009, 04:21 PM
greased lighting

Drewltr450
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
fantastic is amazing it cuts grease cleans scrapes its the best and comes in a spray bottle

ProspectorJim
04-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Does a pressure washer count? I will never wash my bike without one again.

chargercalvin
04-07-2009, 07:39 PM
for plastics i use XXXXXfine steel whool and gas.......think what you may but it works.. armoral plastic cleaner for interiors works pretty good for seats and plastics. motor and frame i just use soap and water like a good american.

dix racing
04-23-2009, 10:04 AM
after i.m done with washing...i use no touch tire care all over...........works ok:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

quadrider1299
04-23-2009, 11:19 AM
after washing use maxima clear coat, cuts yur washing time in half

Meister649
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Without a doubt, the best stuff ive ever used is Dirt Squirt.. Think simple green and all that works? Do yourself a favor and find some dirt squirt.. Works wonders on even white riding gear and boots.. Spray it down, throw it in the wash, its white again..

mandmsoup
04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Made in Bluefield,Va...was only sold locally until recently. Just found it here in TN! It is awesome. Spray it on..let it set a few minutes...do NOT breathe it in or get it on your skin....made my life SO much easier.

timmersam
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
I use Mothers billet aluminum polish and steel wool works awesome. For plastic I use Mothers plastic polish. I am picking this bike up tommorow and I will clean it up with these products tommorow night and post some after pictures to show you how well it works.

sam

Les Davis
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
It's a little pricey but I swear by Liquid Performance ATV Wash. Spray it on, let it sit a few minutes and hose off. Tires and engine will look new without any scrubbing although I still give it a good handwashing anyways.

Used Simple Green for years but this stuff works soooo much better.

countryboy78
04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
muc-off works great spray it on and leave it sit for a minute or so and spray it off.Its a little expansive but when it comes to my bike its well worth the money www.muc-off.com.

Honda4LifeWes36
05-27-2009, 04:33 PM
What do you spray Simple Green on? And what should you stay away from with it?

duneboy64
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
simple green, i go through a bottle and less than a week lol, i have aluminum polish and i use the buff ball from mothers, but when i go to the dunes it leaves a really bad tint of sand on my rims and it gets it off kinda good but its never ever puts that chrome on it like when it was brand new, how do i get it oh so chrome again?

BakerRacing40
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
on my nerfs and wheels i use Phosphoric Acid to etch them and then use mothers mag and aluminum polish. and i'm too cheap to get the power ball so i polish by hand. by the time their done BlingStar would even be like ddddaaaammm! just how i do.

this guy has some pretty good info bout how to and warnings and stuff
http://www.eastgateclassic.com/DiamondPlate.html

duneboy64
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
hahha thanks for the info, phosporic acid, eh? hmmm. like that guy says just use some coke hahahha. yah all i do is use that polish and the power ball, it works good but i want to try this acid, i will do it tommrow, give me something to do hahah. yeah the powerball is sweet, it really is worth it if you clean your quad...all the time...like i do, it just takes the time out of cleaning if you know what i am saying

yamahahaha
06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
lemon pledge!

WKY400EX
06-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I used to put Mop & Glo all over my fenders after washing my quad. Kept mud from sticking during races, and made clean up much easier.

scdirtdobber
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I like Awesome from the dollar stores for the grime,does a great job along with lemon pledge for the shine

boyntonracing
06-30-2009, 11:38 PM
First, i take off all my plastics.
Second, i water the hole quad down, along with plastics.
Third, i bleech or soap the bike and bleach plastics(they r white).
Fourth, i grab a brush and rag and clean everything up.
Fifth, wash and dry.
Sixth, put everything back together.
Seventh, i basically go through with a wet rag and try and get away any dirt or grease that i can.
Eight, i spray my hole quad down with Silkolene Pro Prep.

http://www.silkolenestore.com/more.asp?ProdID=168

Its a huge help, you can spray it on and leave it, it does collect dust but if you are on a muddy track, the mud literally slides off, or you can wipe it down, and it still gives a better shine than anything i have EVER used! You can use it on cars and trucks too! If you would like i can get some before and after pics of the quad and show you the magic, it really is worth the 4 bucks i pay for it, (regular price is 10, i am sponsored)

AbnMP13
07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by yamahahaha
lemon pledge!

x 2; works wonders. :D

boyntonracing
07-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by boyntonracing
First, i take off all my plastics.
Second, i water the hole quad down, along with plastics.
Third, i bleech or soap the bike and bleach plastics(they r white).
Fourth, i grab a brush and rag and clean everything up.
Fifth, wash and dry.
Sixth, put everything back together.
Seventh, i basically go through with a wet rag and try and get away any dirt or grease that i can.
Eight, i spray my hole quad down with Silkolene Pro Prep.

http://www.silkolenestore.com/more.asp?ProdID=168

Its a huge help, you can spray it on and leave it, it does collect dust but if you are on a muddy track, the mud literally slides off, or you can wipe it down, and it still gives a better shine than anything i have EVER used! You can use it on cars and trucks too! If you would like i can get some before and after pics of the quad and show you the magic, it really is worth the 4 bucks i pay for it, (regular price is 10, i am sponsored)

I just put some on my hood that was scratched with a bristle brush, can you tell?

Dave400ex
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't use Greased Lightning or Westley's Bleach White on the entire quad. They have some strong chemicals that can etch the metal and make bolts look terrible.

I use Simple Green. Some times I mix it with Wisk. Works awesome.

All I used on this was Simple Green and electric powerwasher