PDA

View Full Version : swingarm skid plate

KDracing
03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
i am getting tired of having to bend back the edges of my skid plates after every ride, i have had a PRM .190 alum skid and a pro-tect stainless skid that was pretty mangled after only a few rides. i ride all trail in northern NJ (more rocks than anywhere i have seen before) and neither one held up to what i expected. after little use both ended up rubbing the sprocket and grinding the disc. my next step was to try a pro armor .25 alum skid, and feed back on them?? what do you guys who ride all trail use for skids???

procircuit406ex
03-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Ive had AC, PRM .25, and a ProTect. They all bend...there designed to bend after so much. I would look into another ProTect..I love mine

Gatekeeper
03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Ive had the pro armor for over a year now. I ride rocks and log filled trails and weigh 275#. No bends or damage other than some deep scratches. Highly recommend

rinaldi
03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I just got the Ricochet and it seems real solid.

03-29-2009, 08:48 PM
PRM .250 are beast of skid plates. Thats what I have unfortunately... I say that because I have even the .250 or something for the engine skid and thats not necessary but w/e it deffinately adds rigidity to the frame. The skids have some wounds like scratches and small gouges but not bent and i've smacked it into tree stumps. I hear rocks and sticks making a cling noise all the time. Makes me do the eeeek face when you hit something hard enough where the rear end of the quad pops off the ground. I've actualy gotten off to mae sure I didnt rip the skid plate off shearing the bolts or bending it bad. Nah its still straight and good. Metal is worn down under the sprocket and brake rotor areas since thats the lowest and usually hit the most. Still plenty to go with the .250 though.