PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

J25
12-29-2002, 02:23 PM
i rejetted my bike... i have the witebrothers e series pro meg w/ the air box lid , k and n filter and a 170 mj in.... when i would punch the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear it would spit and spitter.... i just installled a 165 and now when i barely push the throtle and spits and sputter..... i have the moose dynjet needle and clip on the 3rd notch:confused:

TRX_Thumper
12-29-2002, 04:14 PM
your main jet has nuthing to do with it spittin an sputterin near idle...either richen up your air/fuel screw or drop a 42 pilot jet...i would put a 42 pilot in it and see what hapens

fat guy
12-29-2002, 04:17 PM
if your bike was running fine before, it should be fine with the jet kit. i recently rejetted mine and it would NOT rev past 1/2 throttle. i tried draining the gas, running without a filter for a second and carb cleaners etc. what happened to me was i forgot to put the seat screw for the main jet in, i put it in and it worked fine. (3rd notch, 170 main). go back and make SURE you put it completely together right. odds are its something real simple. good luck.

TRX_Thumper
12-29-2002, 04:27 PM
:huh

nosir just because you put a jet kit in doesnt mean its jetted right

jb400exxx
12-29-2002, 06:47 PM
it's probly the needle, i have the k&n dyno-jet kit(same as the moose) and dyno-jet tells you to run it to rich. the 170 is too rich and thier needle on the 3rd notch is to rich. i had a 165 with the stock needle in the stock position, and it ran good. then i got bored and changed to thier needle in the 3rd position like they said, and my throttle rsponse sucks now. i have to change it back later. i'm gonna try the stock needle one position richer than stock.