PDA

View Full Version : Motor help needed.

riding4fun
03-29-2009, 08:03 AM
About a month and a half I made the conversion to L/C. Sent off motor to have it worked on and cases matched. I received it back and the motor absolutely ripped.

Now for my screw up. I reversed the hoses on the pump and overheated the cylinder and melted the head gaskets and water got into the cylinder. I tore it apart got the water out and it ran it. The thing is the slowest dog out of the hole now. I sent the motor back to the motor builder he replaced the ring and said everything was ok. The top endd seems ok its the low end thats killing me.

So I am back to my original set up but I still can't get it to run like it did when I first got it. I changed all the clutch springs to new ones and replaced the rollers with new ones. I have went up and down in jetting with no change.

I am at a loss right now. If I can't get this thing fixed I think I will have attended my last National race.

Setup is a 70/PVL/Keihin pe24/V force reeds/ stock variator w/ 3.5 rollers/stock clutch with 1000 ztr and 2000 small springs.

Thanks,
Darrell

tntauto1127
03-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Water in the crank case will cause the crank to go bad. Happened in my bike. I noticed before it seized the bike did not have the power it did when the crank was good. May be your problem, crank going bad.

bulldogfallon
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Did you check the crank seals?

riding4fun
03-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Did you check the crank seals?

No, I will have to take the motor out this weekend to check more into this.